stolen iphone over halloween

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
That third iphone 5 on my account might not be worth the hassle (sister's). Bugs on original, one replacement, and that was stolen the the 29th.

The only reason I still had the serial number on the iphone was the repair order Apple emailed almost a month ago. On the 31st when I knew about it, I checked the "find my iphone" stuff, but nothing. I checked Verizon and suspended line but no activity. I then checked the warranty status for the heck of it at apple.com only to see that it too was not valid because it'd been replaced.

Hmm. So I called Apple support to try to find out why the warranty wasn't showing up as valid and they said it'd been swapped at an apple store on the 30th. Apple support wouldn't give me any more details which annoyed me such as the repair order number or the new serial id of iphone that was given to the thief. Called the local Apple store and after getting initial resistance finally got a manager. She tracked it down and said they had it. Had to file a police report and get a policeman to meet at Apple store to pick up.

Apple exchanged it for a new one. And put a new apple care + plan on it. Took 2-3 hours once at the store. But changed Halloween plans. Daughter went trick or treating in Mall an hour away instead. The impression i got from Apple was they didn't care too much, and would ship it off had I not went there to get it. It took like 6 or 7 phone calls and some haggling before it got all smiles though.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thats crazy. I am glad it all got resolved though! I agree with SeanHRCC, just imagine if it were any other phone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
No doubt. If another phone, forget finding it. But then again, it might not have been stolen in first place.

That takes a pretty confident thief to walk into apple store and exchange a stolen phone though. I could see why he or she might do that though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta