Some incoming calls going straight to voicemail

kkay5

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am getting frustrated with my iPhone 5. Some of my calls are going to straight to voicemail. I will have a voicemail come in with NO record of a call being made in the phone log and no ringing. It does not happen every time. But it happens often enough that people have been asking me what is wrong with my phone. I don't have it on Do Not Disturb and have never turned that option on. Some calls are coming through. I have tried to pay attention to when it is happening and I am thinking maybe it's when I am using data?

I have googled it so I know other people are seeing this issue. Has anyone had this happen and been able to resolve it? I have reset my phone. I will call Verizon, but I wanted to see if anyone had been able to fix their issue first. I am not looking forward to having to convince Verizon that there is something wrong with my phone, because it doesn't happen all the time.

I missed a call from my kids' school telling me my son was hurt at school and I needed to take him to the hospital for stitches. I have to be able to rely on my phone!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Had same problems with one of my lines. Had to swap out at Apple store. In addition to what you said, it had trouble making calls out, and really hit hard by the time and date bug. Verizon was less than helpful btw..

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue .... only occasionally but it has happened.

The missed calls might be a result of signal loss in certain area, if you do not have a signal the call can go to VM w/o any notification in the call log..

I would not be surprised if " some " people in here offer advice on how your child should be more careful rather than a valid solution to your issue..

kkay5

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I know it's not a signal issue. It has mostly happened at home. I have never had any problems with any other iPhone and my husband's iPhone 4 has no problems. He was all set to upgrade his phone to the iPhone 5 and now he won't. I am afraid I am going to have to go into Verizon this week and I am not looking forward to having to convince them that my phone has a problem.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem with my 4, daughters 4, and my husbands 4s. We are with AT&T and they keep telling me it is because of multiple towers disintegrating. My niece has the same problem on Verizon. It I very annoying.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you go to an Apple store ?

Going to Verizon is not the best idea as they are not that helpful..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a hard restart on the phone? Hold power and home for about 10sec. This is something i experienced a few times on my 4S (not in any common order or time), and it remedied it every time when i reset the phone. Hope it works for ya!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to pay attention to when it is happening and I am thinking maybe it's when I am using data?

In addition to noting when it happens - you need to note where as well.

You'll need to call Verizon support, and ask them to open a trouble ticket with the network team - tell them what's going on - they'll likely give you instruction on how you can flag a log file when it happens... and tell the folks at support the story about your son.

iphonejoan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have resolved this issue, at the AT&T store, this evening. I have an iphone 5c & some calls went straight to voicemail, but not all. When you scroll up on your phone there is a shortcut to the flashlight, calculator,etc. I use this shortcut fairly often. Well, evidently I hit the do not disturb icon. When in this mode only calls from your favorite list will ring through. All others go to voicemail. There will also be a little half moon on the upper right side of the your phone indicating that the don not disturb is on. All you have to do is turn it off & voila my phone rings again!

Ize Cornes

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
anyone who had a problem regarding outgoing calls on iphone 5, im here to help you guys.i did fix this problem on iphone5 to some of my customers here..just send me a mssg on my fb accnt.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
3 times this morning alone......and I thought it was sprint again

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same problem this past July. I called Bell Mobility and their customer service agent told me to go into the settings, click Do Not Disturb and where it says Allow Calls From make it so it says All Contacts. That worked perfectly and never had any problems since then. Also for the record my iPhone 5 is running iOS 7.0.4. The weird thing is prior to that I was always getting my incoming calls, so not sure why it got screwed up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods