Storing movies on the 5

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I looked and I just am not sure which forum this would best apply to so I am aksing here for increased chances of an answer. Admins, please move if you see fit.

I notice that when I convert a dvd that is around 700mb to mp4 format to work on my iphone, the size increases to roughly 1.4GB give or take. Is there an alternate format I should consider converting to that would still keep a high quality resolution while reducing to a smaller size? I like watching movies on the train on my 5, but they take up a lot of space at a gig and a half per movie.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Increases? This is odd. I've never heard of it increasing. What program are you using? I suggest using Handbrake and going with the 16:9 conversion. I have several full length movies on mine and I know all of them are around 4-700 MB in size.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Increases? This is odd. I've never heard of it increasing. What program are you using? I suggest using Handbrake and going with the 16:9 conversion. I have several full length movies on mine and I know all of them are around 4-700 MB in size.

Thank you!! I will try handbrake and see how that goes. I was using Videora to do the converting and yeah, it would almost double the output.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2