Battery life with moderate use?

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I own a galaxy s3 at the moment and since the last update in 30 minutes with no use whatsoever Ive lost around 6% battery. Dont believe me?
Screenshot_2012-10-24-05-59-01.png

You have got to be kidding me! How is this even possible? Anyway Im wondering how long your guys Iphone 5 batteries last just for comparisons sake.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I own a galaxy s3 at the moment and since the last update in 30 minutes with no use whatsoever Ive lost around 6% battery. Dont believe me?
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa365/tony477g/Screenshot_2012-10-24-05-59-01.png

You have got to be kidding me! How is this even possible? Anyway Im wondering how long your guys batteries last.

Thanks for sharing that information. However, I think you might be lost. This is the iMore forums - for iOS devices... I think you're looking for the Android Central forums...

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Fausty82 he knows where he is, he is asking iPhone users what their battery life is..
At least thats my guess.
But to Fausty82 s defense TONY477g you might want to put in your original post that you want to know what their iphone battery stats are..

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa365/tony477g/Screenshot_2012-10-24-05-59-01.png

You have got to be kidding me! How is this even possible? Anyway Im wondering how long your guys batteries last.

Well I'm very familiar with android and it looks like your phone is being held awake more than it should be. Screen only on for 3 minutes yet held awake much more. So sounds about right for android to be honest. S3 gets pretty decent battery life.

My thoughts after leaving android AGAIN for the iPhone:

The iPhone is a breath of fresh air. No lag, slowdown, force closes, etc. AMAZING battery life in spite of never reaching the full 8 hour claims of Apple. I still easily hit 6 hours on LTE full time with 1-3 bars. That is USAGE time, too. Standby hits a full day easy plus usage time.

You have a good phone though, I enjoyed the s3.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Fausty82 he knows where he is, he is asking iPhone users what their battery life is..
At least thats my guess.
But to Fausty82 s defense TONY477g you might want to put in your original post that you want to know what their iphone battery stats are..

Got it. No need to defend Tony... my post wasn't an attack... I was just missing the context. Thanks for the clarification.

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that guys, I knew what I meant and forgot to just add it in, but yes Im talking about the iphone 5's battery life for you guys, how long does it last with moderate usage. Im talking facebook, twitter, instagram checks every once in a while, getting on the internet for a bit, texting/calling, some app usage. I love the s3, so much to be done with this phone and has many things that I do like over the iphone, but if this battery life keeps going and Im not even using it and the battery is depleting that fast; whats the point?

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm very familiar with android and it looks like your phone is being held awake more than it should be. Screen only on for 3 minutes yet held awake much more. So sounds about right for android to be honest. S3 gets pretty decent battery life.

My thoughts after leaving android AGAIN for the iPhone:

The iPhone is a breath of fresh air. No lag, slowdown, force closes, etc. AMAZING battery life in spite of never reaching the full 8 hour claims of Apple. I still easily hit 6 hours on LTE full time with 1-3 bars. That is USAGE time, too. Standby hits a full day easy plus usage time.

You have a good phone though, I enjoyed the s3.

Have you owned a s3?

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I came from the Samsung Galaxy S II and I like the battery life a lot more on the iPhone. I'm not sure whether it was the Android operating system, or the phone itself, but the battery would drain extremely quick. One time, I went to a 1.5 hour movie. I had LTE on and had full bars. The movie ended and I took my phone out. I had nothing going on. No texts, no missed calls, no emails, I wasn't tethering, etc. My phone dropped 30% over the 1.5 hours of me doing nothing.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Have you owned a s3?

I did, but wasn't long term. Just a month. Had numerous androids though. Mainly switched to get over the "my phone is outdated the week after I bought it" mentality. Though apple just shat on my iPad 3 lol. Definitely liked the s3 and got great battery life on it. The trick is figuring out what processes are waking the phone while screen off.

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I did, but wasn't long term. Just a month. Had numerous androids though. Mainly switched to get over the "my phone is outdated the week after I bought it" mentality. Though apple just shat on my iPad 3 lol. Definitely liked the s3 and got great battery life on it. The trick is figuring out what processes are waking the phone while screen off.

Thats the one thing i hate about android, they update and put out a new phone rather than update the software in the current model. Ive already been hearing of a galaxy s4 in maybe a couple of months. Ya i figured it out to where I'm back up to about 12 hours. So let me ask you guys that have owned previous iphones. How does the battery compare? 7-8 hours and tuffy with about 1 and a half hours with 26% left, it just doesnt seem very good.

jjj651

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had an android phone and I am never going back to android in general ever again. Battery life sucked and it lagged like nobody's business. I can last the entire day with moderate usage no problem at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the one thing i hate about android, they update and put out a new phone rather than update the software in the current model. Ive already been hearing of a galaxy s4 in maybe a couple of months. Ya i figured it out to where I'm back up to about 12 hours. So let me ask you guys that have owned previous iphones. How does the battery compare? 7-8 hours and tuffy with about 1 and a half hours with 26% left, it just doesnt seem very good.

Exactly. The droid bionic which came out like last year just got ice cream sandwich.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I get a full day out of mine. On a normal day for me I'll unplug it at say 8:45am at 100% & text, play games, browse the web/social media sites throughout the day, listen to music on it when I drive, & make 1 or 2 phone calls. By 10:15pm when I get home I'm between 25-30%. I know I can count on my iPhone 5 to get me threw the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2