Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default Iphone 5 connectivity issues, PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone, thanks in advance to any and all who can help.

First and foremost, my provider is Sprint.

I purchased my phone about 2 weeks ago. Sprint 3G reception is subpar, I know, but my phone is having many issues, and I'm in dire need of assistance.

Whenever I'm connected to WiFi, phone has no problems whatsoever, but 3G gives me many, such as:

Random inability to send e-mails/access App Store/Maps application.

My browsher is normally fine, but has recently started telling me "unable to load page" even though 3G claims to be working. This has happened consistently over the past 2 weeks, and the only way to fix it is by turning my phone off then on again. After this, things will be working well for at least an hour but then again become unpredictable.

The most frustrating thing about these issues is that they're hugely inconsistent. Sometimes everything will be working PERFECTLY, so even if I wanted to take it in to have it looked at, there would be nothing awry.

Essentially, when I'm out of WiFi hotspots, my phones usability is hugely compromised well over half the time. I tried resetting Network Settings as well as fully restoring my phone. I'm starting to think this is a Sprint Problem, and if it is, I need a way to fix it. It's not a question of the area in which I live, as my previous iPhone (4s) had no problems accessing 3G (though, of course, it was a bit slow at times).

That's about it. I'd be willing to provide any additional information is necessary. I would REALLY love to have this problem resolved, so thanks for reading.

Have you updated your PRL (Preferred Roaming List)? That often resolves network related problems. I don't recall the number you dial to do that with Sprint, however.

Make sure LTE is off
    If you don't have coverage ..

There is no roaming list on a 4g in fact doing so normally fry the sim

But I know on 3G on sprint they would have to flag your account for you to be able to update the roaming list

If none of this helps I would go to apple maybe your phone is the issue
    iMore Intermediate

229 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts

Default Re: Iphone 5 connectivity issues, PLEASE HELP

Go to the app store and download Speedtest.net
    Anytime you are experiencing these connectivity issues use the speedtest app to verify if you have data coverage and what the speeds are..

Id also suggest as Peligro911 mentioned make sure LTE is off.