Difference between processing and back ordered?

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone on Oct. 9 at an AT&T store and was quoted with shipping between 14 and 21 business days. The whole time, the shipping status said "processing" until, as far as I can tell, the last couple days, when it's changed to "back ordered."

Can someone explain to me the difference? Am I looking at a longer wait, or does this mean they've finally gotten to my order and it will ship soon?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it was "processing" your order was going through the channels to get the iPhone for you (which includes checking stock to see if they can, in fact, send it to you)...if it switched to Back Ordered, that means they did not have the stock of iPhone's on hand to complete your order, and it will probably go back into a "processing" state when more stock arrives to fulfill your order.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was "processing" your order was going through the channels to get the iPhone for you (which includes checking stock to see if they can, in fact, send it to you)...if it switched to Back Ordered, that means they did not have the stock of iPhone's on hand to complete your order, and it will probably go back into a "processing" state when more stock arrives to fulfill your order.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice