Strange static sound

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got the iphone 5 a few days ago and today I noticed a strange static sound when using my Klipsch in ear buds. It is not terrible, but I can still hear the vauge crackle. I was experiencing the problem when keeping the phone in my pocket and walking. I tested the stock earphones and this sound did not occur and this sound did not happen with the iphone 4. Could it be that the way the new casing is built coupled with the harware design of the Klipsch earbuds is creating this? Obviously I am creating static electricity when I walk, but I wouldn't think this should impact the sound quality. I feel better that this is not a flaw in the phone since it is not happening with the stock earbuds, but I am still not happy since I spent $100+ on the Klipsch buds. Anybody have any thoughts?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the klipsch also. I did notice a static sound today while at work. But it only happened once or twice. And today was the first time. I thought it was from pandora so I ignored it. I'll keep my ears open if I hear again.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the klipsch also. I did notice a static sound today while at work. But it only happened once or twice. And today was the first time. I thought it was from pandora so I ignored it. I'll keep my ears open if I hear again.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are all my posts getting posted twice?

- - - Updated - - -

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fyi I emailed the company and they are sending me a brand new pair no questions asked except for to see the receipt. This must be a known issue.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Fyi I emailed the company and they are sending me a brand new pair no questions asked except for to see the receipt. This must be a known issue.

That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I haven't had any issues today. But then I haven't been listening much.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to only happen when I am wearing my suit pants ... has to be something with the material. Regardless, this shouldn't happen. I am hopeful that Klipsch caught wind of this when the new iphone was released and modified the design just slightly so the static would be averted. We will see, I guess I will find out when the new pair comes in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73