How to run Flash player on iPhone 5 +Video

fonzbear2000

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The end of Flash? There are still quite a few sites out there with Flash intros. Also, the sites that let you stream movies that are in theaters use Flash and there are quite a few of those out there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The end of Flash? There are still quite a few sites out there with Flash intros. Also, the sites that let you stream movies that are in theaters use Flash and there are quite a few of those out there.

Sure there are quite a few websites that still use flash...in that, major consumer products, thankfully, are not made for situations that include "quite a few", they go by majority, and by vast majority, flash is dying/dead.

Also, the fact that you suggested flash related illegal movie streaming just absolutely destroys any credibility to your point.

Tim Conway

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Any website depending solely on Flash as a means of displaying multimedia content is woefully behind the times. Flash, as a format for mobile devices, is DEAD. Has been replaced by newer, and better technology that runs on iPhones. This is an exercise in futility.

My grandfather is 85. He has about one hundred cassette tapes with music he loves. He no longer has a cassette player. He wants to buy one he saw for $10.00. Using your logic, I should inform him that cassette technology is DEAD. No one I know uses cassettes anymore, and because of that, he shouldn't want to either. There is far better technology, so even if there is a good and inexpensive solution for him, he shouldn't bother with it because I personally don't listen to music on cassettes. Genius.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My grandfather is 85.
Excellent
He has about one hundred cassette tapes with music he loves.
I'm sure it's great stuff, too.
He no longer has a cassette player. He wants to buy one he saw for $10.00.
Okay. What's the problem?
Using your logic, I should inform him that cassette technology is DEAD. No one I know uses cassettes anymore, and because of that, he shouldn't want to either.
That is not my logic. Your 85 year old grandfather has earned the right to do whatever the heck he pleases and if that means buying a cassette deck for $10, so be it. He's probably familiar with it anyway.
There is far better technology, so even if there is a good and inexpensive solution for him, he shouldn't bother with it because I personally don't listen to music on cassettes. Genius.
This isn't about YOU. This is about what your grandfather wants. Respectfully speaking, be a good grandson and get him what he wants.

UPDATE: Tim, disregard my response. After re-reading your post, I realized you were trying to prove a point to Keith. Sorry.

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok majority thing flash is dead. Ok that is obvious in developed countries. But in many developing countries many consumers and customers do not know anything about HTML 5. They still use flash. There are some tv channels use flash for live streaming. Briefly flash is almost dead.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My grandfather is 85. He has about one hundred cassette tapes with music he loves. He no longer has a cassette player. He wants to buy one he saw for $10.00. Using your logic, I should inform him that cassette technology is DEAD. No one I know uses cassettes anymore, and because of that, he shouldn't want to either. There is far better technology, so even if there is a good and inexpensive solution for him, he shouldn't bother with it because I personally don't listen to music on cassettes. Genius.

Nice attempt, but you faltered a little with execution...something detrimental to your "calling out" of a senior member. Let's address this...the argument at hand would be like having new cars support tape decks because your grandfather still had so many, and having negative opinions of a new vehicle because it came with all the bells and whistles of todays technology, but did not support cassette tapes.

10 years from now, there will be people clamoring for the support for CD's in a car...but even now, using a hard disc to play music is near it's life end. Your argument is not uncommon, but it's pointless...technology moves too fast to get stuck on the kinds of things that were popular before the kinds of smart phones, tablets and computers we use today even existed. Soon, hard drives will become obsolete, but you'll still have those who just cant let go of the fact that they think they need an actual hard disk to store their stuff.

Move on people...if there is a device that offers flash that works well for you right now, go use it...but don't expect the rest of the world who have moved on to be stuck with it, i don't need all the little crap required to support flash taking up space on my new generation phone, just like i don't need a giant, ugly cassette player staring me in the face on my dashboard.

Jack Hard

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
As many of you know, I have Flash Player on the iPhone is not easy, like Apple, do not worry about sending the Flash on the iPhone, even in its latest iPhone 3GS, which is (if you try to open a YouTube via Safari on the iPhone 3GS new application to open the video from YouTube YouTube provides default O2 UK). However, there are third-party tools for this purpose. Flash is a user-friendly interface and is used in many places around the world, and if you surf the web with Safari browser on the iPhone by default, you need to install Flash Player to view the video or anything else technology-based flash player for them.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Many great Movie playing websites use flash and they work fantastic. Don't be so negative. Because Apple doesn't support flash you refuse to use it? Dumb and would you follow someone to the slaughter house? Flash still works. I'll use it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Johnny Gallagher

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
From the perspective of a flash developer, I would say it's important to embrace HTML5 for the web (although even now in 2014 there's a surprising amount of advertising still using flash - but this will change as HTML5 tools improve). Luckily it seems that Adobe have allowed Flash development tools to move with the times and allow those familiar with actionscript and working with timelines / stages etc to export to HTML5 and javascript from within Flash CC or later.

Where I've found flash to be most useful is in developing apps, either prototyping or creating fulll app releases (My own release Mole Warfare was completely developed using Flash CS6 and the AIR runtime to create a native iOS app and android packaged AIR app).

It's also great for animating (just look at all the youtube animators creating content there).

For web browsing, Flash is definitely on it's last legs and made way for HTML5. And this is a good thing, the web has to evolve like any technology right?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner