Get Alarm Clocks to work when DO NOT DISTURB is set to "ON"

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I love the DO NOT DISTURB feature on the iPhone5 but I am disappointed that it also (as far as I know) turns off any alams you have set. I'm pretty sure on all my Blackberry's even when this feature was on, the alarm clocks still worked?
Anyone know how to get the alarms to work when I have this feature "ON" ?
Note-I did a search and nothing came up about this.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Same. My alarm still goes off when DND is turned on. It also still goes off when the silent switch is on.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I just tested this using the manual "Do Not Disturb" setting and it works just fine with the native clock / alarm application.

Not sure why you're having issues.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tested this using the manual "Do Not Disturb" setting and it works just fine with the native clock / alarm application.

Not sure why you're having issues.

3rd Party apps. If you use a 3rd party alarm clock app, "Do Not Disturb" disturbs... as in does not function.

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for their quick replies. I was awake yesterday morning when the clock was supposed to go off (music from my iPhone). It did not. But in my Notification it showed- (Alarm, 1 minute ago). This happened one other time last week so I started turning DND off.
I just did a test on all my clock applications and they DID work with DND "ON"
Stranger than fiction? Hope it works in the future, especially when I am supposed to get up early to usher at church.
Thanks again for your replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And for those wondering why their 3rd party alarm clock apps won't work with DND; developers most likely don't have
access to DND API's.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Native clock app works well Its my only alarm clock and in dnd from 2am thru 7am my alarm is set for 6:30 am works every time

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
And for those wondering why their 3rd party alarm clock apps won't work with DND; developers most likely don't have
access to DND API's.

I really miss not have an alarm clock as a night clock at bedside.
I really hope that the dev of the app Alarm Clock HD get this to work.

Good Luck

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
M,
Just to be clear, the clock displays through the night and the alarm works?
TIA

The app is isleep, I set up my alarms and exit the program. No if you have the clock screen (app open) it will not go into do not disturb. It works fine otherwise, alarm will go off at set time and do not disturb works. Only thing is you will have to shut your alarm off twice, once when you access the phone and once when the app opens.

Sent from my iPhone 4

babanana

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you manually have to turn off Mail and messages notifications so they don't wake you, or is it just the phone alarm that is silenced?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: Get Alarm Clocks to work when DO NOT DISTURB is set to "ON"

The app is isleep, I set up my alarms and exit the program. No if you have the clock screen (app open) it will not go into do not disturb. It works fine otherwise, alarm will go off at set time and do not disturb works. Only thing is you will have to shut your alarm off twice, once when you access the phone and once when the app opens.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Tks m
Good Luck

- - - Updated - - -

Just received an update to the app Alarm Clock HD. Says it works with iOs6 & iPhone 5.
Still doesn't work with DnD.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR