My i5 is dead!
So I was sending/receiving messages and went downstairs to get something from the car. I come back up and went to take a picture with my i5 and noticed it would not turn on at al!
I plugged it in to the PC and saw nothing. Then I tried an outlet and it continuously turned on for 3 seconds (showing the apple logo) and then turned off. It would continue the cycle until I unplugged it. I can't put it in DFU mode. I can get it to show the connect to iTunes symbol, but only plugged in to the wall. The genius is saying its software, but I think it's the battery. There is no way to put it in DFU mode or even able to restore it.
What are everyone's thoughts?
I somehow turned auto-backup off on iCloud and the last time I plugged my i5 in to the PC to backup was the 2nd day after having it. Should I try and replace it or get it replaced with a new one and take a hit with all the info that wasn't saved, like sms messages and contacts that I didn't put their names for?
- 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM #2
- 10-20-2012, 02:40 PM #3
- 10-20-2012, 03:09 PM #4
Re: My i5 is dead!
I went yesterday night to them and they offered to swap it "after attempting to restore" which I already knew wasn't a restore concern.
I was just hoping I could get it back up and running, without having to exchange it.
The messed up part is that I thought I turned iCloud backup on after purchasing more storage.
I bit the bullet and had it swapped today. Still waiting for my 4S to get replaced.
- 10-20-2012, 10:55 PM #6
- 10-20-2012, 11:07 PM #7
- By theysayjump in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
- By Paul Weinstock in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2008, 10:00 PM
- By Rene Ritchie in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-23-2008, 10:53 PM
- By Snafu in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 07-28-2008, 03:41 PM
- By braj in forum iMore.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 8Last Post: 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM