which provider to go with?

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone im wanting to get an iphone 5 sometime next year. But im not sure which provider to go with. Sprint. Att&t or verizon. Which one is the best to go with?. I like to surf the web, play game, YouTube and down load music.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That depends on which has the best coverage in your area. As far as pricing almost all are similar. Sprint is currently the only one still offering unlimited data. Next year supposedly tmobile might get the iphone5 and they offer unlimited now as well.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You probably should decide that for yourself. Everyone has different priorities when it comes to service. Have to consider price, coverage, network speed IN YOUR AREA and determine what's important to you. I've had all 4 of the major carriers and didn't have any real problems but they were all strong in different areas. The choice is yours. You can always take a test drive for them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone im wanting to get an iphone 5 sometime next year. But im not sure which provider to go with. Sprint. Att&t or verizon. Which one is the best to go with?. I like to surf the web, play game, YouTube and down load music.

What carrier are you currently with, if any? If you do currently have a carrier ad it is not T-mobile, are you not satisfied with your current service? Also, as others have stated, who provides the best coverage in your area especially at your home and place of business? These are things you need to consider before making your purchase. Each carrier has its pros and cons so which is best will come down to coverage in your area.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I hate a Sprint iPhone 5. Couldn't enjoy the LTE since it wasn't in my area. Ending up getting the iPhone with Verizon. Although I don't have unlimited anymore, I do get great data speeds with LTE in my area. Unlimited data really didn't matter to me with Sprint anymore as I never used anywhere near a gig of data in any given month.

A friend has the iPhone 5 with AT&T. The one thing I envy is that he can talk and surf simultaneously.

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
well after looking at the coverage for all three providers. im going to go with at&t i dont have LTE where i live at right now but thats no biggie. but where i work at i have it. im not to worred about it at the house because all i like to do is play games and watch youtube. my question is how good is at&t im going with the 10gb a month. it will be me only on the plan do you think that will be enough per month?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
well after looking at the coverage for all three providers. im going to go with at&t i dont have LTE where i live at right now but thats no biggie. but where i work at i have it. im not to worred about it at the house because all i like to do is play games and watch youtube. my question is how good is at&t im going with the 10gb a month. it will be me only on the plan do you think that will be enough per month?

Dude, if you're already questioning whether or not 10 GBs will be enough, I'd have to guess that it will not be. Seriously, 10 gigs on a single plan should be way more than enough especially if you spend any time connected to Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm new to all this. I had sprint about four years ago when they had the unlimted plan . But what I'm getting at is I never had a lint plan before. Right now I have metro which really sucks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm new to all this. I had sprint about four years ago when they had the unlimted plan . But what I'm getting at is I never had a lint plan before. Right now I have metro which really sucks.

I understand. Before LTE, many people found the 2 gig plan sufficient, especially if you're on Wi-Fi while at home. Now that the iPhone 5 has LTE capabilities AND the fact that LTE is faster than Wi-Fi, people tend to want to use it all the time and forgo Wi-Fi when at home which leads to more data consumption. If you're disciplined enough, a 4 gig plan *should* suffice, but I don't know you or your smartphone usage habits. You can also go over your old bills and see what your average monthly usage was/is to help you determine which data plan is practical and economical for you.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Im in the Uk and currently use 02.

However with Orange and T-Mobile combining and have turning into the ee network which will be the first to rollout 4g/lte i may have a look at what they offer !

mrwaylon

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you justme for the help even though I don't have widow at the moment. Like I said before all I will be doing is surfing the web playing games and YouTube. I don't really download music plus I have wiring at work so that's a plus. I think 10 gigs will be enough

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you justme for the help even though I don't have widow at the moment. Like I said before all I will be doing is surfing the web playing games and YouTube. I don't really download music plus I have wiring at work so that's a plus. I think 10 gigs will be enough

You're very welcome, Mr. Waylon. ;) Take care and have a safe & enjoyable Sunday. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner