Who has a rattling power button???

NeverEnough02

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a black 32g Verizon iPhone 5 and my girlfriend has a white 16g Verizon iPhone 5. They came out of the box without noticeable flaws however, our power buttons rattle. Her case puts slight pressure on the bottom so it isn't a problem for her. For me, when I have the phone on vibrate, it sounds like a dentist drill due to the rattling. I can wobble the phone and hear it. I can replicate the sound by moving the button with my finger. I plan to exchange both phones. Anyone try exchanging yet? How has the experience been given that the phones are still out of stock? Anyone else experiencing this? When the Verizon iPhone came out, my black 16g did not do this but my friends black 16g did. Please help! The vibration setting is pointless because my entire office can hear the thing.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Mines a bit loose, but I wouldn't say it's very loud. I have a case on it anyway that covers the power button.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BryantCarpio

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my first iPhone 5 on the day of launch and since I spent 1200 usd that day on 4 iPhone 5 activations, they replaced it within hours for me. The replacement the Verizon store gave me that day also rattled, but weren't willing to exchange it at the Verizon store for me again. Instead I had to wait for it to be mailed. I have since received the replacement and the power button did not rattle but the camera did. Someone how a piece of lint reached the lens under the sapphire crystal and had that one replaced at the apple store. The new one from the apple store has a rattling power button and camera. All the "genius" reps I talked to have stated that rattling is normal. In my opinion a device that retails at 750 usd should not have a normal issue of rattling, regardless if it affects performance or not. This is my first iPhone and am not impressed.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my first iPhone 5 on the day of launch and since I spent 1200 usd that day on 4 iPhone 5 activations, they replaced it within hours for me. The replacement the Verizon store gave me that day also rattled, but weren't willing to exchange it at the Verizon store for me again. Instead I had to wait for it to be mailed. I have since received the replacement and the power button did not rattle but the camera did. Someone how a piece of lint reached the lens under the sapphire crystal and had that one replaced at the apple store. The new one from the apple store has a rattling power button and camera. All the "genius" reps I talked to have stated that rattling is normal. In my opinion a device that retails at 750 usd should not have a normal issue of rattling, regardless if it affects performance or not. This is my first iPhone and am not impressed.

I went through a similar run around. Finally a genius said they won't replace it for that because it is normal. I agree that it should be manufactured to NOT rattle.

NeverEnough02

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not brought mine in yet. I wonder if they are still coming off the line with rattles. I hate rattles. Phone, car, etc. things just seem broken when they rattle.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not brought mine in yet. I wonder if they are still coming off the line with rattles. I hate rattles. Phone, car, etc. things just seem broken when they rattle.

Your initial post was 5 months ago. I'm assuming that the issue wasn't all that bad for you since you've yet to take it to Apple. :)

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine does too!! But I've had two replacement sent with the same issues. Needless to say I still have the original and have learned to live with it. At time I find myself making it rattle as a rhythm or beat :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ah, but Apple says the iPhone 5 is like a fine watch a jewel of design and construction. I know what I paid for my high end time pieces and if they gave me this kind of crap defects I wouldn't accept it.

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
They still rattle. My phone is 2 months old and we got my wifes last night. The power button rattles on both. Both are in an otterbox case so you dont hear it on vibrate, only if you shake or tap the phone on something.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner