Is anyone else just not thrilled or impressed with the Five?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Definitely in love with the device, but I was a little let down by iOS 6.

Either way, best phone I've owned.

Same here, besides Maps I sometimes have a hard time remembering what changed from 5.1.1 to 6.0..
This is one sexy phone though..

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're not impressed with the 5 go back and use your old phone for a while. I'm guessing you'll be more impressed than you realize.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So tell me Sean, were you born a jacka$$ or do you practice in front of the mirror every day?

;-p

I guess that's one way to avoid the point...

All I'm saying is this, if a few bucks is hurting you as much as it seems from some of the b*tching and moaning that comes from some of you guys, get a better job.

Alas, some of you will literally complain about anything. I personally prefer to enjoy life, but that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Did you not see the " :p ". I was just messing with you. Yes, we disagree. But like you said, it is what it is. We will not agree on this but I am not taking it personally.

You simply use that ";-p" so you have an out later...but it's ok, I'm sure some people still think it's a joke, so you're still safe for the time being...lol.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Unlike my wife, Siri understands why it was time to upgrade from the 3G. Wife's philosophy = upgrade not needed because if it ain't broke, why fix it. She is still carrying around a motorola Razr - First generation. I'm now going to ask Siri why I got married in the first place. Then I will ask Siri where I can find my lost manhood.

Still have my 3G - I bring it when I go running. Don't want to sweat up the nice new one. Figure the 911 function will still work in case of an emergency.

Oh how i do dislike people who use that phrase. Well if she truly has that mentality then presuming she drives a car you should withhold her car keys and tell her to walk or get a horse because both those things arent broken and dont need fixing.....

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will admit though - when you get right down to it, just the larger screen and better quality/saturation of the new display make it worth it to me.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
LOL. Did you not see the " :p ". I was just messing with you. Yes, we disagree. But like you said, it is what it is. We will not agree on this but I am not taking it personally.

The issue isn't your dissatisfaction in your iphone. Who cares, everyone should patronize the companies of their choice.
Your focus on the 30 pin is odd. The new technology charges faster for me,connects easier and I don't have some issues that I had with the 30 pin. Having said that, if you can read...you knew this was the case before purchasing the phone. I'm pissed I can't place my Kiss 8 track in my new car...but technology moves on.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The issue isn't your dissatisfaction in your iphone. Who cares, everyone should patronize the companies of their choice.
Your focus on the 30 pin is odd. The new technology charges faster for me,connects easier and I don't have some issues that I had with the 30 pin. Having said that, if you can read...you knew this was the case before purchasing the phone. I'm pissed I can't place my Kiss 8 track in my new car...but technology moves on.

Can some of you not read. Really?? Never once did I complain about the replacement of the 30 pin connector. As a matter of fact, I stated I was fine with the change. Also, I think many of you are such fanboys that your vision is clouded.

Sean, I was just messing with you. I am used to a forum where we poke at each other a lot. All in fun. We disagree a lot and call each other names, but at the end of the day we will all gladly set down and buy each other a beer. Know what I mean?

I don't see any mutual understanding coming in this thread anytime soon, so I am out of this thread. No need to keep banging my head against a wall of fanboys.

And for the post above mentioning trying a different phone in order to appreciate this Five, not needed. I think it is just that both the Verizon system is hurting around here and I have a feeling the CDMA version of the Five simply doesn't work as well as the regular gsm version. I mean I am on LTE on the fastest phone out, yet I have to refresh over and over again in this forum to get the pages to load. I post and the phone takes forever to do anything.

I am going to try a Straight talk sim in it to experiment and see if it is the carrier or the phone and respond accordingly.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
You were fine with the change? Read your very own posts complaining about the cost and inconvenience. When posting, have a point...it makes it so much more interesting for everyone else.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I love my 5. It's an amazing device. I've only had one problem n that's the clock automatically changing. Lol. I had the gs3 before just wanting to try something new. Took it back after a week n got my 5. Never switch to android again.

Tapped out on my 5

iPhoneandJesusLover

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I'm impressed with the five.
I'm pretty much impressed with all Apple products, except for Macs.
Anyway, when I read the title of this thread, it reminded me of the Olympic gymnast who competed this last summer. Moreover, she was not impressed about here second place result. For more info, do a google search of Makayla's not impressed and you will discover what I mean.

At the moment, one of Apple's new iPod ads is airing. They did a great job.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
You were fine with the change? Read your very own posts complaining about the cost and inconvenience. When posting, have a point...it makes it so much more interesting for everyone else.

Ok there Salscott.... I complained that there are no adapters available. You CANNOT buy an adapter right now, can you?? If you can set there and tell us that you are perfectly fine with the fact that you cannot buy an adapter, then you are nothing but a fanboy. Apple could do anything and you would defend them.

No where in this thread did I say I was against the new port. No where. I said they should have been available on release day. I think it would have been cool of Apple to toss one in the box, yes! But I knew that wasn't the case when I bought the phone.

I do not have any docks as I am an android guy. I do have MANY cheap 30 pin cables from eBay so yes, I was hoping to pick up cheap adapters so I could use those cables. I did buy two extra Lightning cables because I needed them.

Apple, in MY OPINION, has worked harder on shutting down those auctions on eBay than they have getting the adapters out to their customers. Many whom are waiting for them for use in their home sound system docks and cars and such. Me? I could care less if they ever come out. I don't NEED one. I am just voicing MY OPINION. Many here seem threatened by those opinions that don't match their own.

Now back to the ORIGINAL topic of this thread, I have a bit of an update...

My sim cutter came today. Included were several adapters. So I proceeded to freak my 21 yr old out when I yanked his full size sim out of his iPhone using straight talk sim. I cut his sim down to nano size and stuck it in my Verizon Five. A quick stop by the apn website and my phone was up and running on AT&T 4g. I was able to surf faster and show better signal (for what that's worth) with the new sim in. Speedtest app showed downloads of nearly 6mbps with uploads around 3mbps.

I then took the newly cut sim and put it in an adapter and back into my terrified boys iPhone. It is working perfectly.

So tomorrow I will pick up a straight talk sim for me and try it out for a month. If I feel the phone then works as was expected, I will begin working on making the jump to AT&T. That will be the tough part. I might have to go alone and leave the rest of the family on Verizon. At least for awhile. Three lines are under contract and will be subject to ETFs.

Once I get some AT&T usage under my belt next week, I will report back, in case anyone is interested. Now, it is my understanding (so please correct me if I am wrong!!) that I should have same experience as a real AT&T customer, yes? As far as service and speeds?

Shulaw1999

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh how i do dislike people who use that phrase. Well if she truly has that mentality then presuming she drives a car you should withhold her car keys and tell her to walk or get a horse because both those things arent broken and dont need fixing.....

I'll have Siri tell her that ...

Oh, and I just received my Lightning/30 pin adapter. Life is grand. See below ( ignore messy house - 3 kids cause that. Plus Siri hasn't learned the "Clean My House" function yet).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 45

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll have Siri tell her that ...

Oh, and I just received my Lightning/30 pin adapter. Life is grand. See below ( ignore messy house - 3 kids cause that. Plus Siri hasn't learned the "Clean My House" function yet).

Congrats? lol i never really bought accessories for my iphone so when i get the 5 all i will have to buy is another charging cable for my car. "Life is grand"