Is anyone else just not thrilled or impressed with the Five?

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean because of glitches, scratches or other problems. Mine works perfect. I have no software or hardware issues. At least not that I am aware of.

I just don't feel as thrilled as I thought I would. Not sure how else to explain it. Not b i t c h ing about the phone. I am content with it I guess. I am just no dancing in the streets over it.

Anyone else??

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope, love it. I've used a family/friends 4S and a 4 a couple times after having the 5 and there is no way I could go back...

Last edited:

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's why I kept my 4s. Not much of a change to me personally to waste an upgrade on. I'll wait till the next one

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely love mine. Can't agree with you at all...this is the best iPhone I've ever had...best phone for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4 (loved my 4), so the iPhone 5 is a major step up! This iPhone has made me feel like a little kid again and I constantly find myself putting the phone down, simply to pick it right back up! I'm just really amazed with this phone and maybe it's because I came from the 4???

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I also came from an iPhone 4. I actually wasn't expecting it to be much better. It is. I love it and am so happy I decided to upgrade. It's not that is a lot different, it just took the good things about the 4 and made it much better. I couldn't be happier. (I also like it without a case, and think it will be staying that way).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean because of glitches, scratches or other problems. Mine works perfect. I have no software or hardware issues. At least not that I am aware of.

I just don't feel as thrilled as I thought I would. Not sure how else to explain it. Not b i t c h ing about the phone. I am content with it I guess. I am just no dancing in the streets over it.

Anyone else??

Actually, I am quite happy with the iPhone 5... LTE, bigger screen, lightning connector, iOS 6 enhancements...

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So it seems that most people in thins forum upgraded from the iPhone 4. This is, obviously, the best iPhone that Apple has made, but I think the original post was, how does it compare to other (non-Apple) phones and their features.

TalkingDeer

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 4S. I can't go back because I like the larger screen and LTE. Other than that, I'm not really thrilled, no

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from the Galaxy S II and this is an amazing phone. It's so fast. Everything about it. The time an app loads is amazing, when LTE is on the browsing is amazingly fast. I can pretty much do anything on this phone without any lag. The fact I can listen to music, have email checking in the background, be playing a game and getting texts and you could only tell I'm gaming is so amazing.

It does everything very well.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I get what the OP is saying. While I LOVE my iPhone 5 and also have no issues, it's still not the same feeling as the very first iPhone, or the jump from 3GS to iPhone 4.

BUT it's what we were expecting from all the leaks. The light weight is crazy. The thin design feels real nice especially for one handing. Screen is even more beautiful (better saturation). The 4" is a welcome overdue change - you realize how nice it is when you switch between iPhone 5 optimized apps and those that aren't. That 0.5" makes a BIG difference!

However part of mine still wished there was a bit more revolution in the OS. It still rocks and is the one I prefer overall, but can't help feel a bit envious of the "new" OSes... WP8, BB10, Jelly Bean and soon Key Lime Pie... Granted they needed the updates... But starting to feel a bit let down with iOS. It's polished, and it certainly "works". But I'm craving some "new" from Apple. Tried Jelly Bean and coming running back after even just a few weeks. But that doesn't I wouldn't like a bit more freshness in iOS...

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Had the 4, 4S and now the 5. Is it curing cancer and saving the whales? No. But I love this phone. The weight alone is huge for me...I wear a suit and put it in the breast pocket and it doesn't feel like a brick like my 4S did. There are many reasons, but I really love this device.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It's not the phone. I love the iphone 5. LTE, much faster, more RAM, better quality screen. It's a huge update.

It's a little bit iOS 6. I'd like to see a files app. And a way to manage apps better.

Nope, the part that isn't thrilling me is ecosystem & services. Icloud and all it entails, itunes match, itunes itself, airplay, how the iphone works with apple tv, etc. Hardly any improvements. I haven't bought an app the last few months I had the 4S. I still haven't after getting the iphone 5. There was really no new must have app that either the iphone 5 or iOS 6 made possible. This is the stuff I want. In other words, a more filled in OS and better hardware but nothing I couldn't really do before.

I'm not impressed with windows 8 (the metro part) on the desktop but I am interested in it in terms of mobile. Looking forward to see what they have going later. When windows 8 devices start flying off the shelves, the apps will come.

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else??

I think I know where you are coming from. I think this is clearly the best iphone and I think it works extremely well. I love so many things about it, etc. etc. But........I think I am finally bored, if that makes sense. I think I want to try other things and see what else is out there. Perhaps I will find that the grass isn't greener as happens so often in life, but, my desire for a larger screen and different things to do is taking over. I am going to head out to Verizon in the morning and pick up the S3 to mess with. I already know that I like the brightness and colors better on the 5, by far. But I want to try out other things and mess with it a bit. I won't be getting rid of my 5 anytime soon, just in case.

But yeah, between all of the leaks eventually being proven to be true all along, combined with subtle yet important enhancements vs changes, etc I didn't feel much different this time around then I did when the 4S was unveiled.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone, it is the most beautiful one I have ever purchased and I have not had any of the issues that people have complained about. With that said, IMO no matter what iPhone you're on, other than the body style for the average everyday user will not see any differences in the iOS. I think it's a good and bad thing, I like that I can go from one i device to another without having to learn a bunch of new things but at some point it would be nice to see something really new. I highly doubt if that will happen, if it ain't broke don't fix it seems to be working well for Apple and being honest whatever they put out will sell like hot cakes so why would they spend huge amounts of time and money coming out with a whole new iOS. If and when people stop buying their new products every year with minimal updating that is when we will see a truly new operating system, though with that there will be plenty of people that complain and want the old one back. If it underwhelms you, look into other phones because you might find something you like more but for me I am very happy :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Much better than my 4s love the new screen and 4g ..and battery life is much better ..

Mostly i like how it just works with music movies games etc ... My 2 year old can operate it so that has to say something for ease of use for a lot of people