iPhone 5 network or phone issue?
I got the iPhone 5 a couple days ago. 2 of them a 32 and 64 . My 32 gets full bars all 5 and my 64 in same location (home ) only gets 2 or 3 consistently. Does any one know why there is such a difference in the signal one phone is getting opposed to the others i have tried restoring as new even though I set up as new and reset network settings twice. I'm not sure if its my phone or network I am in the heart of lte and 3G coverage in my area. Any suggestions? Any at all would help thanks.
- 10-18-2012, 07:54 AM #2
Re: iPhone 5 network or phone issue?
They could both be hitting separate towers... Worst case, take it in and have it looked at.
This could help with measuring signal.
Dial *3001#12345#* and hit “Call” if you haven’t done so already to launch Field Test
Now hold down the Power button until the “Slide to Power Off” message appears, then release the Power button and hold the Home button until Field Test quits
Tap the signal bars or signal numbers to switch between the two
A signal number of -105 is considerably worse than a signal of -70. You’ll generally find that anything approaching -100 or lower is fairly bad reception, while anything above -80 is usually good, and if you tap the number signal it’s usually shown as full bars. The full range of the signal numbers extends from -40 to -120, with -120 being a nearly impossible number to see because it means no reception, and -40 would be about the strength you’d get being right alongside a tower
- 10-18-2012, 08:02 AM #3
- By phillies20 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
- By xtundrasx in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
- By hammerheadfl in forum iPhone 4Replies: 16Last Post: 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
- By CaseStreet in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
- By Blackberry Convert in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2009, 06:36 PM