If I exchange my iPhone 5 will I receive a refurbished unit or a new device?

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 on Friday, and I've compared it to other iPhone 5's, and mine seems to have a rattle sound occur after my phone vibrates (it's really annoying- especially if my phone vibrates during a call). I bought the phone off contract so paid the full $800, so I'm wondering if I'll receive a new unit or refurbished if I go to swap it out?

Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 on Friday, and I've compared it to other iPhone 5's, and mine seems to have a rattle sound occur after my phone vibrates (it's really annoying- especially if my phone vibrates during a call). I bought the phone off contract so paid the full $800, so I'm wondering if I'll receive a new unit or refurbished if I go to swap it out?
Thanks.

At this point, probably new... but the refurbs are quality units that have been completely gone over by Apple and come with the balance of your original warranty... #refurbsarentbad

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Highly unlikely you will get refurb at this point in time. For them to have refurbs, they have to send the damaged phones back to China, fix them, and then bring them back again. Since Apple is not going to send them one at a time, and instead wait for thousands, if not tens of thousands or perhaps even more, to send back to the factory for refurbishing, it's a pretty safe bet they don't have any yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro