My Go To Device

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My Go To Device

When the iPhone 5 launched on September 21st I, like most of you, were thrilled! Finally Apple gave us what we wanted! A bigger iPhone but at the same time lighter. So far for me it has met all expectations.

I came from an iPhone 4 & before that a Blackberry. I really enjoyed my iPhone 4. It was the 16GB model on Verizon. It was nice having unlimited data, not that I needed it. All it was missing was Siri & the better camera. Also 16GB was not enough memory for me with all of the photos I take & songs I wanted stored on it. So as soon as I could I pre-ordered & on launch day got my geeky hands on the Black Slate 32GB iPhone 5! I got the 32GB because as soon as it was announced I knew I would have it for a few years. My 4 was just a test iPhone & it passed the test!

Not only do I use my iPhone 5 for the usual calling/texting, but I find me using it for, well everything! All of the songs I enjoy are on it, I haven't had any problems with the maps so it has been me new GPS, my cell phones have always been my camera so I use it to take all of my pictures, most of my video game playing is done on my 5 & I even have an iPad 2! I use Siri for doing simple things: call this person, open this app, sports scores. It is even what I use to browse the internet. I posted this thread using it! My work schedule is already saved in my calandar for the week & my homework also so this is my organizer. Pretty much it is the device I use all day long!

I am very happy with my 5. I haven't had any map issues or camera problems. The service on Verizon is great like always & the speed of the LTE & A6 chip is amazing! This phone is definitely a keeper! At least until iPhone 7 lol & with it tucked in safe & sound in an Otterbox Defender case it's protected! Just thought I'd share my iPhone 5 experience with you all & so far it has been a good one! If you're on the fence about getting one my answer is get one!

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
We got same setup except mine is 64GB....I haven't had any issues that people state on here... I Luv my phone.... Wouldn't know if it. scratches easily cause it's in an OtterBox...

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Love my 32 gb black/slate i5 too. I am happy to report I have none of the issues other people are talking about, which is really rare for me because usually I have terrible luck lol. I am *planning* on keeping my phone for 2 years but that may change depending on what Apple releases next year. If it's in line with what they always do (new phone, same body internal upgrades, new phone, same phone internal upgrades) I will keep it with no problems :) I don't have a case though I love looking at it and I bought AppleCare so if it gets dinged I can always get a replacement :) Enjoy your phone

Last edited:

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
An genuine positive iPhone 5/Apple statement? Thank god.

Iterated in Sancho's brain.

Sent from iPhone 4S,
Using Tapatalk

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just battery life. That is my main complaint as well as the auto brightness bug.

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Just battery life. That is my main complaint as well as the auto brightness bug.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I really enjoy this phone (as you can tell lol) & I'm sick of everyone hating on the iPhone 5. There are so many negative comments out there because the media always seem to focus on the flaws instead of the good things. Each device has it's problems but because Apple is such a premier company everyone expects things to be perfect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2