Ordered iPhone 5....did I make mistake not getting GS3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
You have two weeks to return the phone and get your upgrade back through ATT (check with ATT to see if it's two weeks from the ship date or receipt date). So use the phone for a couple of weeks once you get it, and test the features which will be important to you. If you like the phone, keep it. If you don't, you can return the iphone, and continue to use your old phone, or upgrade again to a different one.

Ok here's the deal I need your help with people.... I ordered the iPhone 5 through AT&T as my upgrade...I'm starting to worry I made a mistake. People keep telling me how terrible the reception is, how bad pictures are (purple lines), and how its basically the same phone as the iPhone 4s.

A girl I know has the GS3, the screen is huge, picture seems great, everything can be customized. I feel like I made a mistake. I have a Macbook, purchase ridiculous amounts of music from the iTunes store so most of my music is protected which means I would have to convert it ALL to play on the GS3. I low how you can have widgets and other quick shortcuts on the GS3.

I'm just so confused on whether or not I should make the switch or if I would really get sick of the android system rather quickly and start missing the iPhone.

I know this is an iPhone forum but I was hoping to get a few honest opinions from some people who currently have the iPhone 5 and maybe even have tried out the GS3. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I can cancel my order online at anytime. Thanks guys!

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You have two weeks to return the phone and get your upgrade back through ATT (check with ATT to see if it's two weeks from the ship date or receipt date). So use the phone for a couple of weeks once you get it, and test the features which will be important to you. If you like the phone, keep it. If you don't, you can return the iphone, and continue to use your old phone, or upgrade again to a different one.

Really? He would need a three month return period at this point lol

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I have the GS3 right now and will be going back to the iP5/iP5S depending on when I purchase. In the last year I have had the iP5 on launch week, Galaxy Note 2, GS3 and now looking to go back again. Android and iOS both have benefits and drawbacks, it just comes down to what is "most" important to you and I will use any OS but very likely won't ever go back to BlackBerry (I did consider it) until I say the Z10 and decided it just wasn't for me.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I have the GS3 right now and will be going back to the iP5/iP5S depending on when I purchase. In the last year I have had the iP5 on launch week, Galaxy Note 2, GS3 and now looking to go back again. Android and iOS both have benefits and drawbacks, it just comes down to what is "most" important to you and I will use any OS but very likely won't ever go back to BlackBerry (I did consider it) until I say the Z10 and decided it just wasn't for me.

You don't like Android?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No, I actually happen to like a lot of different devices and OS's, its more of what catches my eye at the time. I dropped all of my Apple gear in a well fit of unhappiness with Apple whether it was a good or bad decision isn't really an issue. I buy what works for me at the time and I liked the Galaxy Note 2 for its overall size and usability, BUT the fact that all US carriers refused to carry anything above 16GB was something I couldn't live with I needed storage space and since Android no longer allows you to put apps on the SD card without rooting and hacks I just got the GS3 instead with 32GB.

Now there are reasons for getting an iPad again, which is mostly work related and if I am going to do that I may end up getting the iPhone again. You see unlike many,many, many other forum members on Android of iOS sites I am neither pro or con for one or the other in fact I like and dislike many things about each of the platforms, it just comes down to what works for me at the time. I just wish members on any forum could actually read a post and no react with immediate disdain towards another user just because their do or do not use thier OS of choice. I know iMore is a "Pro" iOS site but it doesn't have to be anti everything else OS site, if you follow me. It just comes down to what works.

flashhh

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is the type of fanboy trolling which stokes the fires of the apple haters. These are electronic devices; it's not brazil vs. spain in the world cup or the yankees vs. redsox. It's sad when conversations about telecomm devices degenerate into such idiotic barbarism.

iphone 5 takes a huge dump on gs3. don't worry about your purchase.

thread can be ended now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the type of fanboy trolling which stokes the fires of the apple haters. These are electronic devices; it's not brazil vs. spain in the world cup or the yankees vs. redsox. It's sad when conversations about telecomm devices degenerate into such idiotic barbarism.

A troll calling out a troll? Pot...meet kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR