Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone 5 Availability

Here is a feel good story for you guys searching and waiting for an iphone5. Two weeks ago on a Saturday night I checked the Apple store and there was an ip5 16gb phone available for personal pickup. I quickly ordered and received confirmation that my order was being processed and that i would receive an email and text when my phone was ready for pickup. On Sunday at 1:07 I got a text and email telling me to come on down and pick up my new phone. Upon arrival we were greeted and told to stand off to the side so a manager could speak with us. The manager came and told us that there was a problem with the personal pickup system and we could either come back tomorrow or just cancel the order and wait for the charges to be reapplied to our credit card and for the upgrade to reset. I asked why we weren't contacted about the problem prior to making the long drive. He was at a loss for words so we left the store. I contacted Apple Corporate and was basically told the same thing. Oh, and then they called and told me I would receive a discount coupon in my email. That sort of ticked me off as a customer and when we arrived back home I went on Apple's website and lodged a complaint. I didn't ask for anything and only asked them to fix the problems. Later the same day I was still aggravated and thought about Apple being a people company so I looked up Tim Cook's email address and wrote him an email. Again, I didn't ask for anything. I just wanted the problem fixed in the future. The next morning I received two phone calls. One from the local store telling me that they were sorry about the problem and they wanted me to come in and pickup my phone and was asked what they could do for my troubles. I asked if they could throw in an extra cable and was told that it would be waiting along with a gift card. Then a few minutes later I got a call from California and was asked what had happened. I explained the situation and was told that they would contact the store. I told them not to bother because I had already been contacted by the store. Upon arrival at the store we were greeted by another manager and he expressed his sorrow in the situation. We were told to wait for a few minutes and when the manager reappeared with the new phone and cable I was told that I was getting an Apple Gift Card for $150.00 along with an extra cable. Then he floored me when he said that we are going to credit the cost of the phone back to your credit card and the phone was being given to me for the trouble. Now that is customer service and I am grateful for what they did.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5 Availability

I went into a Sprint store where they had 5 iPhone 5 in stock. That was last Saturday. I guess I got lucky because they were sold out of 16 gb everywhere. Lol
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akiramich View Post
    After I read some of the other responses in this thread, I checked a local Radio Shack near my office [I am in Pittsburgh Pa, the Radio Shack is in Market Square] and they saleperson said they had them in stock--aksed me what brand I needed. I have to get an AT&T one [tied into a family plan] and he said the four he had in stock had been requested by other customers he had already called. He also told me that he had a number of 32GB models that were tied into Sprint, than anyone could walk in to buy. I guess they are coming in to different retailers. Unfortunatly my money is tied up at the "Authorized Retailer".

I do have complaints in to AT&T's fraud division [which was going to be transfered to the dept that handles authorized retialers] as well as filed a complaint online with the Better Buisness Bureau.
    Just in case your situation hasn't been resolved yet, but if you paid using a credit card and are in the US, you have an easy remedy under the Fair Credit Billing Act. If you have paid for merchandise that has not been delivered as promised, you have 60 days after you get the bill for that item to dispute the charge with your credit card company. They may not collect from you until they have investigated the situation. If that shows that they charged you and promised delivery by a certain date, you will get your money back. If you paid cash or used a debit card your rights aren't as good - this only applies to credit cards.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

ordered mine today at the local att store. Had some 64gb models in stock but I didn't want nor afford one of those. I got the 16gb model and it is a 14-21 Business Days wait. Will ship to my home
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

I cannot believe some of the responses in this thread. There seem to be a lot of people that have nothing more to worry about than when they're going to get their iPhone 5. While I understand it's the latest and greatest phone, and if you don't have one you aren't cool; but really guys? Maybe our words & actions warrant the "Apple Fan-Boy" teasing - because just browsing through this thread I see a bunch of 10-year old kids that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

With that said, there's quite a few of you (like me), that have ordered an iPhone 5 and are patiently waiting. I too cannot wait to get my phone, but I realize things take time, and I'm willing to be patient. To the guy who said "I can wait a few weeks for a phone I'll have for 2 years" - you're totally right.

I don't mean to put anyone down, or name call; I was just shocked to see this much anger and angst towards a frickin' phone. These are First World Problems I assure you!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

still no status on att site
    iPhone Nanite

The iPhone 5 in 16GB and 32GB ships in 7-14 business days from AT&T's site (64GB ships in 3-5 business days). You could also try RadioShack, Target, Walmart, etc.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    5.1/6.0

That's where I'm getting mine at good old Radio Shack
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by plt3121MarineAlways View Post
    That's where I'm getting mine at good old Radio Shack
    Don't let them talk you into that RadioShack service plan.

Sent from my 64GB iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    - 13.3" MBP Retina
    - Verizon 64GB iPhone 6+
    - 128GB iPad Air 2
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    - Samsung Galaxy Gear 2

Global Posts
    2,517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by NavyGeek View Post
    Don't let them talk you into that RadioShack service plan.

Sent from my 64GB iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    They don't even offer it on the iPhone- only AppleCare + which you SHOULD get.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts

Best Buy Mobile in my local mall has AT&T and Sprint models in stock. No to all Verizon. The local stores are out completely.
    Follow me on Instagram @therealmarkhunsaker
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    IOS 6.01

When to radio shack this a pick up a black verizon iPhone 64gb. Was in and out for now on if I can't preorder it than I'm going to get the iPhone from radio shack
    iPhone Nanite

I went into my local Walmart and there was two in stock (Verizon) and they are cheaper than online price
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

AT&T store had them today, walked in and got a 32GB in white.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Best Buy Mobile is the only place in my area that's had them in stock.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts

23452 zip Best Buy is getting stock in for AT&T. 8 of each color in 16gb came in last Thursday and the employee said they are coming in more often now.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

the wait is only 1 week with verizonwireless.com now. I ordered an iPhone 5 16gb, Black last wednesday (11-7), its getting delivered tomorrow (11-14). others have also reported earlier ship times than what is posted on the website. the website says ship date 11/16.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts
    iOS Version

An AT&T store near me in Mesa got a bunch of stock in this weekend. We went in to get my son a 4 and they were sold out of them but just got 5's in. Surprised me.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

my wife and I got our iphones yesterday and went to att today to get activated. Whohoooo....what an experience...working great...FYI my wife is coming from blackberry and I'm coming from Android
    iMore Intermediate

Seems like the UK is stocked up now (for the time being at least!) Ordered my 32G Black from O2 last Sunday and received it yesterday.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Seems like the UK is stocked up now (for the time being at least!) Ordered my 32G Black from O2 last Sunday and received it yesterday.
    How this thing with reservations work? I am making reservations since 26/10 every day to 4 apple stores in London, but they didnt send me anything yet...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Does anyone know of phones available in Richmond, VA? Verizon? Have called everywhere I could think of with no luck. Looking for a black 64gig.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,940 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by argydis View Post
    How this thing with reservations work? I am making reservations since 26/10 every day to 4 apple stores in London, but they didnt send me anything yet...
    You add to your cart online and refresh for local pick up exactly at 10 pm keep refreshing until a store pops up with one select the store and check out as fast as possible ... Helps to have cards on file etc . It's only reserved once you pay
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep05 View Post
    Does anyone know of phones available in Richmond, VA? Verizon? Have called everywhere I could think of with no luck. Looking for a black 64gig.
    3 Best Buys showed them as in stock after putting in Richmond, VA. They were toward the bottom of the list, so I'm not sure how far away they are.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Thanks! I just found, and bought, one at an Apple store in Norfolk. About an hour and a half, so not bad! Thanks again for the help!

I should add that this was my first attempt, too!
    Last edited by lauriep05; 11-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast