iPhone 5 Availability

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple site at 10pm click in store pick up and refresh until one shows up and click buy make sure your payment info is saved it will go faster

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The Wal Mart near my house had a few 16GB models available but I wanted more storage space. Thankfully after three or four days of trying to order after 10pm, I finally snagged up a 64 GB at a nearby apple store. Just keep trying. Good luck to ya.

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi! Just wanted to add my input. I ordered from AT&T the 28 of September, they told me 14-21 business days, at around the 15th business day, the status changed from processing to back order. So I was advised by apple to cancel the order and "preorder" on their website between 10p-4a and I could pick it up the next day.. Absolutely no iPhones available as far as 3 states over, tried all colors and sizes. So I decided to check best buy, the first one I went to, online said they had both 16gb and 32gb available in store only, went in and was told they were for preorders only.. (Still!?) went to the next store which online showed they had 16gb available and after waiting for help for about 20 minutes while the single person working in mobile worked with a woman (I was happy to wait as long as they had an iPhone for me) finally he asked me if I just had a quick question, I told him my intentions and he said they had an iPhone for me, awesome! My point.. Check other retail stores, I hear radio shacks have them, check every nearby best buy! Loving my new 16gb white iPhone 5

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Just wanted to add my input. I ordered from AT&T the 28 of September, they told me 14-21 business days, at around the 15th business day, the status changed from processing to back order. So I was advised by apple to cancel the order and "preorder" on their website between 10p-4a and I could pick it up the next day.. Absolutely no iPhones available as far as 3 states over, tried all colors and sizes. So I decided to check best buy, the first one I went to, online said they had both 16gb and 32gb available in store only, went in and was told they were for preorders only.. (Still!?) went to the next store which online showed they had 16gb available and after waiting for help for about 20 minutes while the single person working in mobile worked with a woman (I was happy to wait as long as they had an iPhone for me) finally he asked me if I just had a quick question, I told him my intentions and he said they had an iPhone for me, awesome! My point.. Check other retail stores, I hear radio shacks have them, check every nearby best buy! Loving my new 16gb white iPhone 5

The white version has been widely available for almost a week now in the NY area through the next day pickup option on the online apple store. As far as the black, still have been unable to find a 32gb for my wife. Gazelle offer runs out in 10 days, so the clock is ticking to find one.

jbonnot03

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Have faith!!! I ordered my iphone 5 from ATT on October 7. It said 14-21 days to ship. My order status has been Back Ordered for most of that time. Yesterday I got an email that my order had shipped. I should receive my IP5 on Monday, October 29. Two long days ahead.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Today I was going to purchase an IP5 on Craigslist, but I needed to swing by the AT&T store to grab a nano sim card. Without even thinking, I told the salesman I need to get a nano sim for an IP5 I'm about to purchase unless you guys have some phones on hand here. He said hold on a sec, we have some 64GB models available. Walked out of the store 15 mins later with my new 64GB Black/Slate.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I had a bit of a nightmare, i ordered through t-mobile uk on the 14th sept . But they screwed up something with my credit check and then didn't bother to tell me about it, called In on 19th to make sure I was still on for the 21st to be told about previous screw up. Ended up having to send a letter and bunch of paperwork to prove they screwed up the credit check which then meant they didn't process order till the 24th.

Which in itself wasn't end of the world. But over the next few weeks t-mobile proved they have no idea what they are doing, with people who ordered their phones on 14sept getting them after people who ordered on 25th sept it was all over the place.

I was lucky and it was about 2.5/3 weeks for my delivery but know there were plenty of people who's orders were processed well before mine which hadn't received theirs over a week after me.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Knowing the wait is 3 or 4 weeks still, I wish I could order now and get the phones when our upgrade with Verizon hits on November 23rd. It sucks to know that unless we get lucky we have to wait another 3 or 4 weeks after that. Oh well, our phones still work so, like someone else said, I guess a few more weeks isn't going to kill us. As long as its before Xmas. This is what we are getting each other this year. :)

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 64G black vzw for my wife's Christmas present. Expected delivery per the confirmation is Dec 4 to 10.

MikeB43

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is a feel good story for you guys searching and waiting for an iphone5. Two weeks ago on a Saturday night I checked the Apple store and there was an ip5 16gb phone available for personal pickup. I quickly ordered and received confirmation that my order was being processed and that i would receive an email and text when my phone was ready for pickup. On Sunday at 1:07 I got a text and email telling me to come on down and pick up my new phone. Upon arrival we were greeted and told to stand off to the side so a manager could speak with us. The manager came and told us that there was a problem with the personal pickup system and we could either come back tomorrow or just cancel the order and wait for the charges to be reapplied to our credit card and for the upgrade to reset. I asked why we weren't contacted about the problem prior to making the long drive. He was at a loss for words so we left the store. I contacted Apple Corporate and was basically told the same thing. Oh, and then they called and told me I would receive a discount coupon in my email. That sort of ticked me off as a customer and when we arrived back home I went on Apple's website and lodged a complaint. I didn't ask for anything and only asked them to fix the problems. Later the same day I was still aggravated and thought about Apple being a people company so I looked up Tim Cook's email address and wrote him an email. Again, I didn't ask for anything. I just wanted the problem fixed in the future. The next morning I received two phone calls. One from the local store telling me that they were sorry about the problem and they wanted me to come in and pickup my phone and was asked what they could do for my troubles. I asked if they could throw in an extra cable and was told that it would be waiting along with a gift card. Then a few minutes later I got a call from California and was asked what had happened. I explained the situation and was told that they would contact the store. I told them not to bother because I had already been contacted by the store. Upon arrival at the store we were greeted by another manager and he expressed his sorrow in the situation. We were told to wait for a few minutes and when the manager reappeared with the new phone and cable I was told that I was getting an Apple Gift Card for $150.00 along with an extra cable. Then he floored me when he said that we are going to credit the cost of the phone back to your credit card and the phone was being given to me for the trouble. Now that is customer service and I am grateful for what they did. :D

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Sprint store where they had 5 iPhone 5 in stock. That was last Saturday. I guess I got lucky because they were sold out of 16 gb everywhere. Lol

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
After I read some of the other responses in this thread, I checked a local Radio Shack near my office [I am in Pittsburgh Pa, the Radio Shack is in Market Square] and they saleperson said they had them in stock--aksed me what brand I needed. I have to get an AT&T one [tied into a family plan] and he said the four he had in stock had been requested by other customers he had already called. He also told me that he had a number of 32GB models that were tied into Sprint, than anyone could walk in to buy. I guess they are coming in to different retailers. Unfortunatly my money is tied up at the "Authorized Retailer".

I do have complaints in to AT&T's fraud division [which was going to be transfered to the dept that handles authorized retialers] as well as filed a complaint online with the Better Buisness Bureau.

Just in case your situation hasn't been resolved yet, but if you paid using a credit card and are in the US, you have an easy remedy under the Fair Credit Billing Act. If you have paid for merchandise that has not been delivered as promised, you have 60 days after you get the bill for that item to dispute the charge with your credit card company. They may not collect from you until they have investigated the situation. If that shows that they charged you and promised delivery by a certain date, you will get your money back. If you paid cash or used a debit card your rights aren't as good - this only applies to credit cards.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
ordered mine today at the local att store. Had some 64gb models in stock but I didn't want nor afford one of those. I got the 16gb model and it is a 14-21 Business Days wait. Will ship to my home

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe some of the responses in this thread. There seem to be a lot of people that have nothing more to worry about than when they're going to get their iPhone 5. While I understand it's the latest and greatest phone, and if you don't have one you aren't cool; but really guys? Maybe our words & actions warrant the "Apple Fan-Boy" teasing - because just browsing through this thread I see a bunch of 10-year old kids that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

With that said, there's quite a few of you (like me), that have ordered an iPhone 5 and are patiently waiting. I too cannot wait to get my phone, but I realize things take time, and I'm willing to be patient. To the guy who said "I can wait a few weeks for a phone I'll have for 2 years" - you're totally right.

I don't mean to put anyone down, or name call; I was just shocked to see this much anger and angst towards a frickin' phone. These are First World Problems I assure you!

aklmka

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 in 16GB and 32GB ships in 7-14 business days from AT&T's site (64GB ships in 3-5 business days). You could also try RadioShack, Target, Walmart, etc.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't let them talk you into that RadioShack service plan.

Sent from my 64GB iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

They don't even offer it on the iPhone- only AppleCare + which you SHOULD get.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73