IPHONE 5 Is'nt as good as the 4

jshadow

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My i5 battery lasts one to two days. My i5 has better reception than my 3GS and my 4s.

I use phone, email and web surfing.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
[rant]dear lord....ANOTHER negative thread on the i5 is this, that and the other thing ....jeez. if you dont like the iphone, get SOMETHING else [/rant]

sorry, i cant stand seeing many more of these threads anymore! :rolleyes:
You know you don't have to read every thread let alone comment on it!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Actually, I tend to agree with Pink's observation... and we seem to get a lot of these "drive by" posts... folks who come in and take pot shots at Apple, or their latest device... but never bother to stick around and try to find answers... or even ever post here again... OP is pretty typical - nothing specific or quantifiable, and no follow up to explain or seek help...

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
You're right. I guess that drive by post was about anyone not having so many posts on here. I've learned a lot on sites and forums like this. Most of the time I just read cause there is nothing I could offer that someone with more experience hasn't already stated. Anyway I apologize if anything I said offended anyone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You're right. I guess that drive by post was about anyone not having so many posts on here. I've learned a lot on sites and forums like this. Most of the time I just read cause there is nothing I could offer that someone with more experience hasn't already stated. Anyway I apologize if anything I said offended anyone.

My comment about the "drive by" was not directed at you... there have been several similar threads started by people for whom that was their first and only post... in this case, it was the OP's ONLY post on the entire site... he didn't even stick around to see if anyone offered any help at all.

That said, there are many here who, like Pink (and others) who do try to help... and sometimes our annoyance with the "drive by" behavior comes out in a comment.

And please don't take any offense, as it was not intended... we all started with our first post... stick around, read a lot and post when you do have something to offer... it's how you learn and how you become a part of the community.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350285530.120830.jpg

I've never had a problem with battery life on the iPhone 5. Sorry if you're having trouble, OP

(Assuming you ever see this. Drive by thread...)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

superlazy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
My friend got her iphone 5 too, and her previous phone is iphone 4. I haven’t heard any complaint so far yet, seems she loves it much and upload much more things to fb now!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Private, with all do respect, i uderstand your point here. But, heres mine: Since the i5 has been released there have been countless amounts of thread started by trolls and drive by posters with negative titles causing a "ruckess" that the i5 is a terrible device. Now, we all know that no phone is perfect - each will have it little flaws here and there. I also do realize that there are members here that truly have issues with either wifi, signal, accessing the app store etc. Those members usually post in an on-going thread seeking help, or at that point if there isnt one, they will create one. Now if this OP was truly seeking help/assistance, first i would tend to think they would've searched out one of the on-going threads in regards to battery life and posted there, OR if they really wanted to create their own thread, they would've chosen a better title - not something to bash the i5 right off the bat. To top it all off, the OP never returned.

SO, as i previously said in this thread, it does get frustrating after a while to see threads like this, and as Fausty has pointed out, there are times that some of us here will post our frustration on it:)

Actually, I tend to agree with Pink's observation... and we seem to get a lot of these "drive by" posts... folks who come in and take pot shots at Apple, or their latest device... but never bother to stick around and try to find answers... or even ever post here again... OP is pretty typical - nothing specific or quantifiable, and no follow up to explain or seek help...
My comment about the "drive by" was not directed at you... there have been several similar threads started by people for whom that was their first and only post... in this case, it was the OP's ONLY post on the entire site... he didn't even stick around to see if anyone offered any help at all.

That said, there are many here who, like Pink (and others) who do try to help... and sometimes our annoyance with the "drive by" behavior comes out in a comment.

And please don't take any offense, as it was not intended... we all started with our first post... stick around, read a lot and post when you do have something to offer... it's how you learn and how you become a part of the community.

+1. Fausty thank you, and i couldnt agree more with you. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know what's amazing is that I KNOW there have to be people out there that got the iPhone 5 and legitimately don't care for it...just like many of us have done with the Android devices, and i would LOVE to have some of those people here, have a few of them around that could balance out the obviously biased nature of a device specific forum.

That said, the ones we end up getting 9 times out of 10 are the kind that can't help themselves but to troll the forum, or do this kind of cowardly "drive by" posting (as it was coined earlier). It seems impossible for them to come here, display their distaste for the device but not try to demean those that do love the iPhone, or try to attack Apple as a company.

Now i think it's funny arguing with these morons from time to time, it's even somewhat entertaining, but it would be nice to have an Android device fan that came here, showed distaste for the iPhone but no disrespect for those that disagree with them. Do they exist?

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
people will always find something to complain about...whether its battery life, screen size, or cell connection. I used to work as a server/bartender and this guy reminds me of the one that would come in and WHINE about everything...never happy no matter what you do. But like i learned then, just because they are not happy does not have to affect my happiness. I had a Samsung Focus before my iphone 5 and while the Focus was really good on battery life, i still had to charge it every evening. My iphone 5...every other day.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Question, When setting up as new can I still use the cloud to sync my contacts and calendar?
I am one of the few that after unplugging in the morning, only get five hours of use and 8 hours of standby on my battery. My service indicator does not show LTE it only shows 4G With at least three bars anywhere I go, I am on AT&T.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Question, When setting up as new can I still use the cloud to sync my contacts and calendar?
Yes, just configure your device with your iCloud credentials and you're back in business.
I am one of the few that after unplugging in the morning, only get five hours of use and 8 hours of standby on my battery. My service indicator does not show LTE it only shows 4G With at least three bars anywhere I go, I am on AT&T.
do you have apps that constantly update your location (Foursquare, Twitter, Passbook, etc.)? Do you have push notifications setup for Twitter, Facebook and other non-email related apps? Do you stream audio or video a lot? If no to the above then I suggest you plug your device into iTunes and restore as new.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seeing this was really helpful. Also, the 4s is half the price in the market now. So it really is smarter to buy the 4s. :)

That may be true for some people... but remember, that the older a device is, the sooner it will get dropped from the list for newer features... and as Apple continues to update iOS, features for the newest devices will be omitted for inclusion/use on the older devices... and next year, the 4S will be 2 years old, and hold the place in the pecking order that is currently held by the 4... as time goes on, it will be left behind...

If cost is the major consideration, then, yes, the iPhone 4S may be a better "buy" for you... as long as you understand the long term consequences of such a purchase.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:19 AM ----------

I just want to comment that threads like this are why I am here. The iMore community is a great mix of fans, users, detractors and haters... yet for the most part, we can all get along in some fashion. Here we've taken an obvious "trollish" post and turned it into a positive without resorting to getting ugly about it.

Heck, we might even have helped someone in this thread, too. :eek:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
[rant]dear lord....ANOTHER negative thread on the i5 is this, that and the other thing ....jeez. if you dont like the iphone, get SOMETHING else [/rant]

sorry, i cant stand seeing many more of these threads anymore! :rolleyes:

I actually like them because then you see the real answers when 1 person says it's bad and 20 others say it's fine. Hmmmmmmm which one would I believe? lol

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The hell are you talking about....... dont just take your experience with your particular unit and judge all other units and call them worse than the Ip4. I for one have a ip4 and love it dearly and although the ip5 does have some issues it still runs laps around my ip4 while doing back flips and juggling girl scouts all at the same time. Maybe do a restore or get your unit replaced....

Also change the title of this thread if possible... ugh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen