Region difficulties with iPhone 5

fergamy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to this forum. So I got my iPhone 5 today. Its my first iPhone. I've had iPod classics for the last few years and have had my apple id since then. Its region is Ireland. I have just moved to Australia for the next few years. So when i set up my iPhone today i just put in my usual apple id, did the whole sync thing with my macbook and it all worked great. bought a few apps etc.... then i went to get a free app from Australia and it says "cannot connect to iTunes store"
so how can i change my region so i can get apps for australia?
many thanks oh and the iPhone5 is excellent.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if this applies or not - probably not - but hey, what do have to lose, right? Anyway, the only place I found anything associated with "region" was in Settings/General/International/Region Format. If that helps, you're welcome. If not, my apologies. I tried.

Just Me, D

fergamy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, but its still a no go for some reason. so i go into the iTunes and the store and change my area to Australia, it signs me out. if i sign back in then i go back to ireland. so maybe do i need to get another apple id?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, but its still a no go for some reason. so i go into the iTunes and the store and change my area to Australia, it signs me out. if i sign back in then i go back to ireland. so maybe do i need to get another apple id?

If that is the case then try logging in to the Manage My Apple ID website and update your address information.

fergamy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
thanks again i thought that it would work and it looked like it was going to but then it said, this app is not available in the Ireland store would you like to change to the australian store, and i said yes and it said no to me :) time for bed work in the morning, thanks for all your help.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Or make a new apple I'd and associate both with iTunes so you can sync your current stuff and use the new ID for purchases .. On the phone just log in with the new one .. As long as you know both you will be ok .. Not ideal but a fix none the less