Max Number of Ringtones

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
same here have tons of ringtones. How are you putting the ringtones onto the phone? What happens when you do they just don't show up on the phone?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only limit on ringtones, i would guess, is space. I have a lot of ringtones on my iP5 and have no issues. How much free space do you have on the phone?

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just added 5 on mine :)
I got them from zedge - was a little odd that 2 of them didnt show up in the add list in itunes
I went to finder & played them to make sure the files were good & they immediately poped up in the list
For some odd reason Itunes didn't find them till they were played ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got them from zedge - was a little odd that 2 of them didnt show up in the add list in itunes
I went to finder & played them to make sure the files were good & they immediately poped up in the list

That is normal.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i like Zedge a lot but i am tired of finding message tones i like and then get cut off at the very end (on the device) so they sound incomplete

editing is the only solution i have found

Simona Georgescu

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you managed to get more than 3 songs as ringtones? I have 4 on my computer and when I sync with my iphone 5, only 3 appear. The last one I made replaced the one I had made previously. Yet, the ringtone appears in my itunes on the phone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you managed to get more than 3 songs as ringtones? I have 4 on my computer and when I sync with my iphone 5, only 3 appear. The last one I made replaced the one I had made previously. Yet, the ringtone appears in my itunes on the phone

I just checked... I have 88 ringtones and text tones (plus those "built in" to iOS)... as has been stated (^^^^^), the only limit is space on your device. Could you upload a couple here so we can see them and their format? To be used as a ring/text tone, the music must be in AAC format (same as AAC music), but the file extension must be .m4r (as opposed to .m4a for music).