does the iphone 5 smash easily?

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Good question!! Do the following:

1. Get a rock.
2. Place iPhone 5 on a strong table.
3. Get a firm grip on the rock and lift it high above your head.
4. In one quick motion, SMASH the rock as hard as you can into the iPhone 5.

Tell us how it turns out.

edwinmiller

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Don’t take this wrong but i would like to know 'Do you really belong to such field where there is high probability as well as possibility of smashing for your iPhone 5?' It is smart phone not hard phone so we should have smart tendency with it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd say outside not having to worry about the back glass panel breaking on the iPhone 5 (since it doesn't have one), it's no more or less durable than the 4/4S.

You could also really stand to run your posts through a spell checker, lol.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Based on the everything I have seen, iPhone 5 is much better - but why are you so worried, get a good case to protect your investment if you think you might encounter some major drops...

taeisme4eva

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 5 several times and once halfway down the stairs (silly me) and it survived with zero blemishes. the 4 would have shattered in a billion pieces.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Don’t take this wrong but i would like to know 'Do you really belong to such field where there is high probability as well as possibility of smashing for your iPhone 5?' It is smart phone not hard phone so we should have smart tendency with it.

That would really dependent upon how one uses a phone, holds, cares for the phone.
The probability of smashing iPhone increases as one is more careless, couldn't care about the phone.
The probability would be extremely low for someone who carefully takes out his phone from his pocket, ensuring it doesn't slide.
Carefully slides back into his pocket by checking that the tip of the phone is in the pocket already.
The way he holds the phone.
so on and so forth ^^

Some people just want to be extremely careless and they blame it on Apple. I really see stupidity here. If one wants to be careless, he should be getting the rock Nokia, not iPhone.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I saw a drop test video on You tube and it's pretty damn durable. They dropped it from their shoulder height, standing up, and it didnt break the screen.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Based on the everything I have seen, iPhone 5 is much better - but why are you so worried, get a good case to protect your investment if you think you might encounter some major drops...

Even if you don't think you will encounter drops, get one anyway. As Forrest Gump said, **** happens.

---------- Post Merged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I saw a drop test video on You tube and it's pretty damn durable. They dropped it from their shoulder height, standing up, and it didnt break the screen.

One of my BBs got knocked off a table at a maximum height of a foot. Landed on something hard on the ground and shattered the screen. I woudn't risk it unless you wipe your butt with $100 bills in the morning or have extra money lying around somewhere.

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Even if you don't think you will encounter drops, get one anyway. As Forrest Gump said, **** happens.

---------- Post Merged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:59 PM ----------

One of my BBs got knocked off a table at a maximum height of a foot. Landed on something hard on the ground and shattered the screen. I woudn't risk it unless you wipe your butt with $100 bills in the morning or have extra money lying around somewhere.

Forrest Gump also said. Stupid is as stupid does.... Take care of your phone ... Always use a condom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk