Much needed UI refresh

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPhone 5 and ios 6 but the blue UI needs to be replaced! Why hasn't Apple change the UI color yet. Seeing how nice the new iPod UI is, I would love to have a global grey UI instead of the Blue. Or even darker gray would be much sleeker. If Apple do a major UI refresh, I won't have the urge for Jailbreak themes. Just minor rant....how many agree?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't see how changing the color of the UI would be considered a "much needed UI refresh". That's a minor detail at best. A refresh would be a complete redesign, which IMO, is far too early in the iOS life span to do.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Considering it hasn't changed much since ios 1. I consider it major refresh, even just changing the color. I just don't see Apple completely redesigning ios. But I agree with you a minor detail which I consider big in case of ios :).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do not necessarily agree. when i do jailbreak it is for improved overall workability not visual

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I would jailbreak is the UI. I hope at some point we'll see a theme store. I'd pay $10 easily for a nice theme.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I wanted UI "refreshes" I used Android. I know it's redundant to say this. But, Android
is the better choice if you want UI differences. The iPhone isn't customizable in that way and
most likely won't ever be.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When I wanted UI "refreshes" I used Android. I know it's redundant to say this. But, Android
is the better choice if you want UI differences. The iPhone isn't customizable in that way and
most likely won't ever be.

You can say it and to a degree it is true however not many who uses an iPhone is ever going to switch to Android simply just for the UI. Especially when you can get a UI change simply by Jailbreaking. I too love Jailbreaking mainly for the difference I can make in the UI. I use it for many other functional reasons but the majority is because of theming. However for people like me simply changing a color is never going to apease me. I have to say that Apple is getting quite close because it iOS 6 is enticing I have found myself on the bring of reloading my iPhone 4 many times. Then I take a look at the beautiful custom interface and I come to my senses. I don't think Apple will ever allow a theme store just because of the processor hit and the possibilities with incorrect themes, one more thing to manage. Android might allow customizing of their OS but when you're heavily involved in the iOS ecosystem and you have more than just an iPhone it is not a simple choice.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree I don't see Apple going to that extent to allow themes. If so they need to do something with ios, it just looks dated!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i used to spend a lot of time changing the look of my UI but realized, after a couple of years, that even gets boring too

seriously, how long does one actually stare at their UI? i am more concerned with getting into my next app than what color my statusbar is

now i am just happy i have a device that has great battery life, no glitches or weird situations arise at random so i can concentrate on other things

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i used to spend a lot of time changing the look of my UI but realized, after a couple of years, that even gets boring too

seriously, how long does one actually stare at their UI? i am more concerned with getting into my next app than what color my statusbar is

now i am just happy i have a device that has great battery life, no glitches or weird situations arise at random so i can concentrate on other things
I used to be like this with my bb and themes. i would change my theme sometimes up to 6x's a day because i just couldnt find "the perfect one" When i left my bb to my 4S, i was happy to not have to battle with worrying about all of that anymore!! Which is also partly why i will not jb because i know i'll start to get sucked into a world of themes again through cydia. i prob have 200+ stored on bbsak on my laptop for my bb.

like you, i'm also happy to just use my device and have it work for me as is:)

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:38 PM ----------

:)good read John, thanks for sharing that!

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally I dont care about the UI , long as the phone works and does whats its suppose to do I am good with it.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to be like this with my bb and themes. i would change my theme sometimes up to 6x's a day because i just couldnt find "the perfect one" When i left my bb to my 4S, i was happy to not have to battle with worrying about all of that anymore!! Which is also partly why i will not jb because i know i'll start to get sucked into a world of themes again through cydia. i prob have 200+ stored on bbsak on my laptop for my bb.

like you, i'm also happy to just use my device and have it work for me as is:)

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:38 PM ----------

:)good read John, thanks for sharing that!

amen to that, i also found myself obsessed with changing themes on both bb and android its also one reason why i like ios because i can spend my time doing more constructive things instead of hours of changing fonts colors and widgets oh the humanity....... :)

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
People forget, familiarity is also a feature. Any radical departure from the current UI, for better or for worse, will be met with severe criticism. Look at the uproar over the upcoming Windows 8 desktop UI. MS decides to finally get rid of the "Start" button, after 17 years of people saying the UI was old and stale, and go with something a bit more modern, and man oh man look at the crap they're getting for that, from EVERYBODY.

In general, most people don't want to bother learning to use a new UI, not everybody is a tech geek. They have better things to do.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Are you the same people who hate the refresh of the dialer? Cause with the whining I've heard over that small change, I hope Apple NEVER changes anything else within the basic UI.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure about a 'change' per se', but, I do wish Apple would at least offer 'themes', even if it is themes that they have made themselves. That way no one can complain that this theme, or that theme is making the device slow, crappy, etc...

Just my one p...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes they do, it's getting old! At some point they have to do something major in Apple's terms.

Why? They are still finding overwhelming success with their setup right now, and people are still quite happy with the UI for the most part. The old saying says "If it aint broke, don't fix it.", well i think the sales more than reflect that. Am i opposed to changes in the UI? Not at all...but a complete overhaul is not something i personally want as a fan of the current setup...i don't personally want my iPhone to look like another android device with the cheesy widgets and what not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711