Apple replacing iPhone 5's w/ factory blemishes?

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received a replacement iPhone 5 from Apple that came with the factory blemishes on the edges of the trim?

Sorry if this is a repeated post, but I tried searching and cannot find any current topic or posts on the subject.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think their are masses of people returning them to Apple or carriers. But that does not mean people are returning them for - ship and arrived damaged not caused by the user

But if you are having a issue with yours that arrived with issues. Go to Apple and have them check it out for you. Take everything

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While I agree with what John said above, I do think there are a lot of people that received scratched or iPhone 5's with dings based on what I've read on other iPhone forums. If you received an iPhone 5 that has any of these things out of the box you have every right to take it back to the point of purchase a demand a new one. We pay a lot of money for these iPhones and there is no reason why a batch or however many that there are got out of the factory in that condition. Apple is definitely exchanging them, so don't be afraid to ask for a replacement.

---------- Post Merged at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I wonder how you know that your replacement is a brand spanking new one and not a refurb.

The refurbs come in a brown box while a brand new one would come in the original sealed box. Or at least this is my understanding.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77