Wifi strength indicator

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My Wifi strength indicator never shows more than 1 bar, even when I'm right next to the router. Actual speeds seem to be okay, but I have yet to see 2 or even 3 bars of Wifi on the indicator, even at work. Anyone else having this issue? It's not a deal-breaker, it's just odd.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Reset network settings as well and re enter the wifi info again, if this doesnt help restore as new

BBUser_9530

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Rebooting the phone appeared to update the Wi-Fi signal strength back to normal. Not sure what caused it to show the signal strength incorrectly.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting never fixed mine. I had to go into WiFi and forget the network then put in my password to get back on. Since then it has been back at 3 bars. I never experienced a speed issue when it showed one bar, it was just annoying visually.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After the last update, my WiFi indicator has not maintained a full strength reading on my iPhone, but the connection speed and performance have not changed and remain perfect in my house...it just reads 2 bars most of the time (which is weird). I checked speeds in the 2 bar area and speeds right next to the router and they almost exactly the same.

pod2g

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
If you guys have not upgraded to 6.0.2, u all should. For me, I get like 2 bars from my bedroom to the living room.
Is it ok or it's just the phone?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm convinced that the problem is with the software showing only one or two bars for WiFi. Most people that check aren't seeing connection speed issues. Hopefully Apple has noticed this and plans to fix it in 6.1.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I had to get my phone swapped for a really strange issue and it does seem to be downloading faster and generally behaving better.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
On a side note make sure your routers are up do date on firmware. Sometimes new protocols on wireless devices have to be met with new ones on router's requiring software updates.

Sent from my game boy color

iandrewj

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple wifi devices can, sometimes, have issues with Auto Channel. When I worked in a helpdesk for a huge ISP the following almost alway cured the issue.

Auto channel is a feature on all home WIFI routers can be hard set to stay on a specific channel. You have to login into your router and look for the setting. Manually select Ch 11, 1 or 6 as these channels have no overlap or interference. Just to be sure, reboot the device and reconnect to the WIFI. Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711