iPhone 4\4s to iPhone5...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
For those of you that 'switched' to an iPhone 5 from either an iPhone 4 or 4s, besides the internal upgrades, was the 'switch' worth it?

Just curious and everyone's thoughts.

Go...

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the 4s and while I miss my jailbreak, the extra battery and reception in my house was worth it.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Had a 4/4s and now 5. Lte was the reason I changed now and it's amazing! The speed of the camera is almost instant and the extra screen area is perfect. A great upgrade all around!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Had the 4. Battery life SO much better! Faster app performance!! Love getting more apps in folders and folders on page. Pages easier to read. Love my iPhone 5!!!!!!!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Came from a 4S (which my younger son has now) and the bigger screen, speed, thinness and lightness make it all worth it for me. I used my older son's 4 the other day and I didn't say anything to him but it was miserable now that I am used to the 5! The 5 is a great iPhone no matter what you are using now...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Worth it but not overwhelming so. The big screen is the biggest feature imo. Battery life is better - hard to believe since the 4S was pretty good. The thinness and lightweight are nice, but they weren't issues on the 4S.

I guess if I was in an LTE area I'd be more stoked. But don't get me wrong - I live my 5 and would be hard to go back to a 4S.

I went back to a 3GS after a 4. THAT was painful. Going from a 5 to a 4S isn't as bad as that.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Though bad circumstances forced me off if my 4s, I cant believe that I was actually gonna pass up the five initially! LZE is super fast, screen size is just right, siri integration rocks, the camera speed is instantaneous, and overall just a very zexy phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My son wanted my 4S(the 5 was too light for him) so I got to upgrade to the 5 & I haven't looked back. The best feature for me is the screen size. It's not the largest but I came from Android so I definitely needed something larger than 3.5".

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I came from the 4 and the change is night and day. Super fast loading apps, camera and websites. Apps that normally took 5 seconds to load now load instantly. Quality of photos and video was the main reason I upgraded too. I still have the 4 for my daughters Ipod and whenever I use it I feel like I picked up a brick its so heavy.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
upgraded from 4S to i5. better bigger screen. safari experience its better because of the extra real estate. overal experience is faster. opening apps/closing/app switching. camera is faster too. instagram/facebook/twitter totally look better now with extra content because of the taller screen. that extra half inch feels bigger when you are using it and getting used to it. the phone actually feels wider and screen size is perfect. im very satisfied. i like it being thinner and lighter. it just feels great holding it. overall a great design and looks are awesome.

---------- Post Merged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:20 PM ----------

upgraded from 4S to i5. better bigger screen. safari experience its better because of the extra real estate. overal experience is faster. opening apps/closing/app switching. camera is faster too. instagram/facebook/twitter totally look better now with extra content because of the taller screen. that extra half inch feels bigger when you are using it and getting used to it. the phone actually feels wider and screen size is perfect. im very satisfied. i like it being thinner and lighter. it just feels great holding it. overall a great design and looks are awesome.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the 4S and when I picked it up to take pics of it the other day for my ebay listing, it felt heavy and fat compared to the 5, and the blazing fastness of the 5 via the hardware with the camera app or just the boot cycle or whatever, mixed in with the hue of the display on the 5 compared to a 4S was night and day... PLUS LTE.... it's a huge upgrade IMO, it'd be painful for me to go back to the 4S even tho it's a stellar device... the 5 is a big upgrade over the 4S just not huge lol