Scratch and scuff problem?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently has a 4S that I am completely happy with, but I do have a question. Is there a real problem with the 5 easily scratching and scuffing, or is this just a overblown story? I have an upgrade in March, and would like to get the 5, but not if these issues are for real.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I have not had any issues with scuffing or scratching since I got it 2 weeks ago. It did however get a bit dented on the chrome part above the bezel. I hit it with my engagement ring not hard at all, it tapped it but It still dented a tiny bit it's not noticeable at all unles your looking for it but other than that the phone has faired pretty well these last 2 weeks.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's looking like some of the early phones didn't get the anodizing applied properly and are coming out of the box with defects and scratching easily. Others are holding up properly and difficult to scratch. That said, it's anodized aluminum. It will dent and scratch in normal everyday use. If you want to remain scratch free get a whole body film. If you want it to stay dent free if you drop it, get a good case.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Black slate since launch day. I have a screen protector on the front and back. No case and its still perfect. Holding up good and not easily scratch like those who have with a finger nail. People are just too anal about it LOL

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine came with 1 super very light scratch on my black. Very minor. In 15 days of having it, there are no more scratches. There really hasn't been a issue with people scratching their phones. The issue is within them damaging the parts during manufacture process.

denvergirl78

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
No scratches here so far. I have a screen protector on and a bumper case, but no back film. I'm careful where I toss it though - I make sure not to toss it in my purse with my keys or anything.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
No scratches, dents or dings here. I've had mine since October 1. No screen protector, but I do have a lightweight case on it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The first scratch will the worst. After that it will be ok ;)

Cases mine at first with an Otterbox Defender... Also have a Case Mate barely there... Right now rockin the naked iPhone 5 and it feels so much better... I might just take my chances. All my previous I ended up running em naked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner