Dumb passbook question

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I searched but didn't find the answer so I'm hoping someone can tell me.
Once I add something to passbook do I have to keep the app on my phone or can I delete it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I searched but didn't find the answer so I'm hoping someone can tell me.
Once I add something to passbook do I have to keep the app on my phone or can I delete it?

If most of them will be like the Walgreen's app and the Starbucks app then yes, you can delete those apps once the cards have been placed in Passbook.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If most of them will be like the Walgreen's app and the Starbucks app then yes, you can delete those apps once the cards have been placed in Passbook.

I know it's silly but I am afraid to delete Starbucks one. I have like $40 on 3 different cards. I'll wait till I know it works flawlessly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know it's silly but I am afraid to delete Starbucks one. I have like $40 on 3 different cards. I'll wait till I know it works flawlessly.

It's not silly at all, my friend. There is nothing wrong with being careful, especially where your hard earned money is concerned. :D

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
dixeechicken, I can only speak for the Starbucks app...I recently used the Starbucks app in Passbook. If you have the actual Starbucks app installed on your phone and you have imported the app into Passbook, when you press on the "i" located on the bottom right of the app in Passbook it will flip the "card" to the back, which shows you a row with the Starbucks logo and the word "INSTALLED" with "OPEN" to the right, along with your favorite stores if you chose those. By keeping your Starbucks app on your phone you are able to tap on the "OPEN" button on the Passbook app and reload or update your Starbucks app.

If you delete the Starbucks app on your phone, the Passbook app version will remain in Passbook but when you press the "i" you will notice it says "VIEW". You will need to download the app again to reload or update your Starbucks app. You will also notice that your favorite stores will no longer be there. When you delete the app from your screen it notes that all information will be deleted as well.

I'm not to sure if this reflects with the other cards you may have in Passbook. I hope this helps.

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
That does help. Thank you.
I don't really have any reason to delete the apps since I can drop them all in a folder and hide it on the last page. I was more curious than anything.
Thanks again.

Eric808

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I forgot the most important thing! When I deleted the app on my phone I noticed that my Starbucks Passbook card would remain there but once I re-downloaded the app (it will ask you if you want to download into Passbook) if you ignore this and go back to Passbook, your card will no longer be there and you will have to add the app into Passbook. I guess the simple solution for now is not to delete the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods