Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Exactly...... They're phones!
Is Ford really better than Chevy? Is Rum really better than Scotch?

You like what you like and I like what I like....

R...

I won't argue which one is better because the argument is simply an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

MylesB

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How is my position any different than Sean's?????

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. You like what the GS3's camera can do for you and Sean thinks the iphone camera beats all.

I think the Iphone 5 is better in several ways, but lacking in several ways also. Most important for me is the Itunes crap. What a pain in the butt. I much prefer to just plug the phone into my computer and drag and drop songs, pics, video as easy as that. There is no way the Iphone 5 can touch the ease of that. I know the connection is an old topic, but it is big for me. I have adapters of all sorts, and now I have to buy new of everything. They are expensive too. I won't complain too much because work pays for mine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They are really only expensive if you just have to have the Apple name brand stuff...the 3rd party adaptors and cords work just as well, and are less than $5/per.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I will not even try to equal some of the fine posts. Suffice it to say I had the S3, used it, and was happy with it. However, to me it had a cheap quality. There is currently no phone which approaches the hardware quality of the iPhone. I love the solid build. The fact that it fits in with my entire ecosystem completes my decision!

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I will not even try to equal some of the fine posts. Suffice it to say I had the S3, used it, and was happy with it. However, to me it had a cheap quality. There is currently no phone which approaches the hardware quality of the iPhone. I love the solid build. The fact that it fits in with my entire ecosystem completes my decision!

Add in the bigger screen and LTE and you'll have my reasons for leaving the S3 as well.

notfanboy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan of mobile technology but not a fanboy of any brand. I have no brand loyalty and I will switch once I am convinced that a platform will fit my needs better. I've owned many platforms starting from PalmOS, WinMob, Blackberry, iOS, and Android. My last three devices were Motorola Droid, iPhone 4S, Samsung GS3.

The 4S and GS3 are both fine devices. Stability wise, I am very impressed with the improvements Android has made since the Droid days. The GS3 is very reliable, very fast, and responsive.

The thing with the GS3 is that you can do a lot of things that would require jailbreaking on iOS. And even with jailbreaking there are some things that are just not possible on iOS.

I happened to make a video for another purpose, and this video illustrates some of these capabilities. In the video I have the GS3 hooked up to an external monitor,
It is connected to three bluetooth devices at once: a mouse, keyboard, and speaker.
Here is what happens in the video:
The first game was the classic N64 Mario Kart.
Started editing a Word format document.
Switch to Chrome, with the full Crackberry site open, and a couple other "heavy" tabs.
Copy text from the browser to use in the Word document.
Save a picture from the browser and added it to the document.
Started a video player. Notice there are five video thumbnails playing at once.
Resumed watching one of the movies.
Started Jetpack Joyride.
Switch back to all of the previous apps to show that they are still running.

http://youtu.be/kZRuY5uwq2Q

Edit: I don't know how to embed videos, sorry.

Android Multitasking with Game - YouTube

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Well as you know all iphones are made by Apple, Nexus phone are Google phones made by a vendor. They are pure Android, and work in different ways such as direct updates from Google whereas other phones get their updates through their carrier

Yes I'm familiar with android.... I've had the s3 and using the Razr Maxx HD right now, among several others. I've had the Galaxy Nexus, but it ain't nothing special that's for sure... Being pure Android isn't all that to me, and the updates still go through Verizon so they're not straight from Google in the case of the Verizon version. The way I see it, the Galaxy Nexus was the rough draft of the Galaxy S3. Just don't understand why we can't compare unless it's a Nexus phone vs an iPhone. Just like someone said I can't compare my battery life with this Maxx HD vs an iPhone because my battery is bigger.... How is that my fault and not apple's for not including a bigger battery?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the S3 and currently have the iPhone 5. One thing is for sure, Android is closing the huge gap that Apple used to have over them. That is a very good thing for all of us. It will make Apple step up their game and continue to innovate and give us surprises with every OS update and hardware release. It does the same thing to Google and Samsung. I personally love it being a tech nerd, new toys all of the time. It allows people to choose phones that best fit their needs without having to give up a whole lot.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the S3 and currently have the iPhone 5. One thing is for sure, Android is closing the huge gap that Apple used to have over them. That is a very good thing for all of us. It will make Apple step up their game and continue to innovate and give us surprises with every OS update and hardware release. It does the same thing to Google and Samsung. I personally love it being a tech nerd, new toys all of the time. It allows people to choose phones that best fit their needs without having to give up a whole lot.

This is something I've never understood.... What has apple done on the iphone that has been "innovating"?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This is something I've never understood.... What has apple done on the iphone that has been "innovating"?

Sorry, not looking to go back and forth. I stated my opinion, leave it be. I even stated that Android is doing well and that I have owned recent Android phones and said nothing negative about them.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well we can just infer since you wont answer the question lol

Let me. No matter how much one likes and has faith in apple, you have to admit, Apple no longer innovates. All they do now is wait around and see what others do and play catch up. Like the iphone 5 was a 'catch-up' release:

4" screen (android did years ago with EVO at 4.3")
LTE (you mean folks been using 3G all the way up to October 2012 lol, thats akin to using dial-up in 2012,unheard of right?)
faster processor (quad-core is out)
remember it took them years to figure out how to cut n paste lol?
facts will show that features they added and called "new" were already out in other systems, such as the invention of pull down notification lol

So asking what new innovation does Apple bring, i can understand you avoiding the question. iPhone had a lot of first when it first came out.
If you just came here to troll, you can just stop.

given your chosen screen name, I think it's not a stretch to presume your mission.

Go to the forums of Android Central and leave us be.

Last edited:

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well we can just infer since you wont answer the question lol

Let me. No matter how much one likes and have faith in apple, you have to admit, Apple no longer innovates. All they do now is wait around and see what others do and play catch up. Like the iphone 5 was a 'catch-up' release:

4" screen (android did years ago with EVO at 4.3")
LTE (you mean folks been using 3G all they way up to October 2012 lol)
faster processor (quad-core is out)
remember it took them years to figure out how to cut n paste lol?
facts will show that features they added and called "new" were already out in other systems, such as the invention of pull down notification lol

Seriously, read my first post. I said they need to continue to innovate bc of how Android closed the gap they used to enjoy.

As far as features go, you can cram whatever you want into a phone, but if it isn't reliable, what good is it? The S3 was the first android phone I had that I could actually use without constant crashes, hence why I stated that they had closed the gap. Before that, I never had to reboot my phone just to get the camera to work. Granted, that is not entirely Google's fault, they let the manufacturers and carriers dictate when fixes get deployed and put on tons of crap ware that is constantly running and taking up resources.

Android or Apple is a personal choice. We can go back and forth about this and that all night long, but at the end of the day, as much as I love having a 4.8-5.5inch screen(AMAZING!!) reliability matters the most to me. As far as quad core processors with 2GB of RAM, why does the iPhone 5 out-benchmark all of that. Again, you can put what you want in the phone, but the user experience is what matters. I do not have any hesitation from my phone and everything works. Period.

It is so funny how many Android trolls show up in this forum.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, read my first post. I said they need to continue to innovate bc of how Android closed the gap they used to enjoy.

As far as features go, you can cram whatever you want into a phone, but if it isn't reliable, what good is it? The S3 was the first android phone I had that I could actually use without constant crashes, hence why I stated that they had closed the gap. Before that, I never had to reboot my phone just to get the camera to work. Granted, that is not entirely Google's fault, they let the manufacturers and carriers dictate when fixes get deployed and put on tons of crap ware that is constantly running and taking up resources.

Android or Apple is a personal choice. We can go back and forth about this and that all night long, but at the end of the day, as much as I love having a 4.8-5.5inch screen(AMAZING!!) reliability matters the most to me. As far as quad core processors with 2GB of RAM, why does the iPhone 5 out-benchmark all of that. Again, you can put what you want in the phone, but the user experience is what matters. I do not have any hesitation from my phone and everything works. Period.

It is so funny how many Android trolls show up in this forum.

What's funny to me is how the first time someone mentions something bad about apple, they're automatically labeled a troll..... It was an honest question, one that you still did not answer by the way. No one is trying to start an android vs iphone debate, we have enough of those. I simply asked, since you brought it up, what has apple done on the iphone that has been innovating? That's it... Calm down and answer the question... If you can.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What's funny to me is how the first time someone mentions something bad about apple, they're automatically labeled a troll..... It was an honest question, one that you still did not answer by the way. No one is trying to start an android vs iphone debate, we have enough of those. I simply asked, since you brought it up, what has apple done on the iphone that has been innovating? That's it... Calm down and answer the question... If you can.

Wasn't calling you a troll, calm down. Did I quote you in that post? I simply said I wasn't interested in arguing all night. Thanks and enjoy your night.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
just like a lot of people that have replied in here, i have had iphone and android
im not trolling, i have stayed on topic and within the scope, which is iphone vs S3
you seem upset because i stated facts

- - - Updated - - -

so anybody that supports android is a troll? really?

but what do you mean by reliability? how is the new S3 not a reliable phone? not even trying to be funny, just trying to understand what you mean. What qualifies a phone as being "reliable" ? please, do tell...

this is a iphone vs s3 topic, so why are yall so suprised at people voicing opinions from both sides?

Now on to this moron.....yes you are trolling. All 10 of your posts are negative apple. It is ok if you feel that way, but to join a forum with the intent of not bringing anything positive to the conversation is trolling IMO.

As far as your above question....did you not read my post. I never said the S3 wasn't reliable. I actually said it was the first Android that I had that WAS reliable.

Sorry for calling you a moron, but IMO people that troll without reading posts are morons. Again, in my opinion, you are obviously going to disagree, but that is why you are here, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234