Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellimel2212

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I am going to play along on the assumption that you are being sincere. I have owned every iphone, as well as a 5 month period with the Galaxy Nexus and 3 week period with the Galaxy S3. I will list the reasons why the iphone 5 works better for ME than the Galaxy S3.

1. I do not like amoled displays. I love the bright true whites, accurate colors, and crispness of the iphone display. I do not like what I perceive to be over saturated, cartoon like colors of the amoled display. It bothered me that I could take a picture outdoors, and everything from the grass, to the sky, would look so overdone on the GS3 yet that same pic looked natural on my computer, iphone, etc.

2. My battery life on the S3 was poor at best. I am not one to carry around spare batteries, or dim my display to a very low level of brightness so this was an issue for me.

3. I could not use the S3 to video record at loud venues like concerts. The sound was completely distorted and unusable. That was very disappointing to me. My two buddies with S3's had the same experience.

4. Size. I am 6'8" tall with pretty large mits and I still found one-handed usage to be challenging. This was a turnoff to me despite liking the large screen.

5. A fair amount of my go-to apps are not available on android's platform. In searching for them, I found that the developers had no intention of making them available to android. This was a negative.

6. Lag was definitely more noticeable on the S3. Not saying there was a ton, but noticeable compared to the iphone.

7. Personal preferences. I prefer the keyboard, photo gallery, and texting on the iphone. Yes you can get custom everything on the android but in the end I was left searching for anything that replicated the iphone on these three things and was unable to. The versions that claimed to be identical fell way short.

8. As much as iTunes can be a pain in the ass, it also made backing up everything on my phone a one click process. I like that fact. I do not root or rom so things like titanium backup were not a use to me.

There you have it. Just my view on it.

Lol I am 5 7 and can hold my epic and my sis s3 easily with one hand

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I hear people with HTC's, Motorola's, and S2's always complaining about how their phones are dead within 4-6 hours regardless of how they use them.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I hear people with HTC's, Motorola's, and S2's always complaining about how their phones are dead within 4-6 hours regardless of how they use them.

Yeah I know what ya mean...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350838497509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350838497509.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 52

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I prefer iOS over Android because the apps/programs are better. Camera....

Really???? Camera?? I took this with my S3. I returned my i5 a couple days ago. After using the i5 camera (its a great camera too) for two weeks, I could not see a difference between the two. Its a toss up to me.

20120814_085059.jpg

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Really???? Camera?? I took this with my S3. I returned my i5 a couple days ago. After using the i5 camera (its a great camera too) for two weeks, I could not see a difference between the two. Its a toss up to me.

View attachment 21313

I had both as well.... I have comparison shots somewhere on here but I can't remember what thread they're in. The iPhone 5's camera is better for sure comparing side by side.... Colors are more realistic and not as washed out. The s3's camera is pretty good though.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 21313

The iPhone definitely has better colors. You may not notice it as much on a close up like you have there, but in scenery pictures its definitely noticeable.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 21313

Whether you see it or not, the iPhone 5 is pretty widely regarded as having the better camera...to me there's really no argument, the camera on the iPhone is better in every facet a picture can be judged by, but i guess some people wont "see" the differences in order to maintain satisfaction with an inferior camera.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Why does it matter? Your the one who made the broad statement about bad battery life on android phones...

Yes, a statement made after witnessing multiple friends switch after having a ridiculous amount of trouble with their battery life, regardless of the manufacturer. It seems to me that since it's not limited to one brand of phone it has something to do with the OS, which happens to be Android. A rather simple deduction. In regards to the amperage, I asked since your screen looks like a that of a Razr, and possibly a Razr Maxx (I've never seen the UI of a Maxx), and comparing a 3300mAh battery to a 14xx mAh battery isn't fair, no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, a statement made after witnessing multiple friends switch after having a ridiculous amount of trouble with their battery life, regardless of the manufacturer. It seems to me that, since it's not limited to one brand of phone, that it has something to do with the OS, which happens to be Android. A rather simple deduction. In regards to the amperage, I asked since your screen looks like a that of a Razr, and possibly a Razr Maxx (I've never seen the UI of a Maxx), and comparing a 3300mAh battery to a 14xx mAh battery isn't fair, no matter how you spin it.

And neither is making a statement implying that all android phones get bad battery life... I've had several android phones that had no problem lasting a full day or more on a charge. Original DROID, DROID X, DROID x2, HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Razr, Galaxy S3, and now the Razr Maxx HD all have been good enough for me to last long enough to not have to re charge throughout the day. It has a lot to do with how the phone is set up... And I don't mean turning everything off. Most people that are new to android (seen it myself with friends) don't even realize you don't have to use all the widgets and multiple screens full of crap that is just wasting the battery. I USE my phones, I don't let them sit idle all day, and I manage to get good battery life... So it IS possible. Yes, mine is the Razr Maxx HD with the 3300mAh battery... But in my opinion it IS fair to compare the two. I've got a phone that is roughly the same thickness as an iPhone but has to power a larger screen and a less efficient OS. People make statements about iPhones last longer than android phones on batteries all the time.... That's like saying your car is faster than mine... But after we race, you say "well that's not fair because you have more power than I do." So what? You said yours would go faster... You didn't specify that our engines had to be the same before we raced. Lol.

mellimel2212

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I can easily get 4 hours on my phone my max time is about 8 or 9 hours with HEAVY use moderate use about 10 or 11

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Whether you see it or not, the iPhone 5 is pretty widely regarded as having the better camera...to me there's really no argument, the camera on the iPhone is better in every facet a picture can be judged by, but i guess some people wont "see" the differences in order to maintain satisfaction with an inferior camera.

Sean... can you help me out? I cant figure out where the WB or ISO settings are on the i5 camera. I can find them on the S3, but not on the i5. Where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711