Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, to speak on that youtube video...please tell me that isn't someone trying to put it out there as a major "enhancement"...lol, it's essentially fitting the scene into the frame, the iPhone 5's frame is already considerably larger than even the previous iPhone's, but stepping back would yield you the same shot that you had to work with that wonky "feature" to get. It's kind of silly honestly...eliminate the ability to take a decent wide shot picture and then add a feature that makes it seem like the camera is innovative by giving you the wide shot back, but having to manually capture it piece by piece.

That'd be like taking the radio out of the car, but filling the trunk with instruments to give you a much "richer sound" when played...by 14 people...in a car.

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll you a reason why the iPhone is better than the S3 or any other phone for that matter:

Apple's Bluetooth hands free actually works in my car. I can't make that statement about any Samsung product.

Sent using Tapatalk

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You're not asking for examples legitimately. You're trying to start an argument and you ARE trolling. You have been given multiple examples, and when presented with them you move the goalposts.

My question has been answered a while back... Sort of. I was done.... Someone else started it back up... Just saying

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're not asking for examples legitimately. You're trying to start an argument and you ARE trolling. You have been given multiple examples, and when presented with them you move the goalposts.

My question has been answered a while back... Sort of. I was done.... Someone else started it back up... Just saying

So... you are trolling now... good to know. My forum ignore list has just got a +1.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Now on to this moron.....yes you are trolling. All 10 of your posts are negative apple. It is ok if you feel that way, but to join a forum with the intent of not bringing anything positive to the conversation is trolling IMO.

Correct me if I am wrong... but isn't this thread titled, "Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3"? .... I mean really, did you expect there would be no pushback?

Is this a forum or a fanclub?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If your not pro iPhone, or speak out against iphone or its flaws..... you will be shot onsite.

I love iproducts but some people are a bit high strung on this site....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If your not pro iPhone, or speak out against iphone or its flaws..... you will be shot onsite.

I love iproducts but some people are a bit high strung on this site....

Frank discussion about legitimate concerns is one thing... incessant trolling is quite another. There's a lot of that here - and they're high strung about it too.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Frank discussion about legitimate concerns is one thing... incessant trolling is quite another. There's a lot of that here - and they're high strung about it too.

Agreed...

However the title of this thread, "Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3" is an open invitation to trolls. If you dont want trolls... then dont bait them.

jmo

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong... but isn't this thread titled, "Why the iphone 5 is better than the galaxy s3"? .... I mean really, did you expect there would be no pushback?

Is this a forum or a fanclub?

That response was not to rolltide, I answered him in another post. That was to a person who was trolling and is banned now for some reason(hmm maybe trolling?) There has been no push back for the post you quoted, please read the thread before speaking up. Rolltide was speaking about another post.
Also, rolltide, I tried to answer as best I could.

Sent from my beautiful Vader iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's one thing to try and start legitimate or "genuine" conversation about "X" vs. "X", but it's a whole other ball game to bait...and that is what i see a lot of here.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Sunrat I never stated that Apple fans wont consider anyother device??? Im actually looking for the apple fan who wont to tell me what "Their" reasons are??? I dont care if you do only like apple, Im just trying to find out "WHY". Its no different than choosing a particular Pizza company, im just trying to get real Iphone fans to tell me why they love their phone without bashing another, Thats all...

Please dont twist my words.

Thank you

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:56 AM ----------

So in your opinion its more of a looks thing that drives consumers and not whats under the hood? I would agree to some extent, but I would think there is something besides that which would attract people.

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Great post, I completely agree! This is one of the reasons I excluded rooting and jailbreaking, because I know exactly where the Android lover would spin your post!

It's a saying and it means each positive and negative depends on the person. Better multitasking means you would want an android device granted one with more than one gb of ram. Seamless experience would mean you would be better off with an iOS device. So don't be bashing if you don't know idioms.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I gave the s3 a spin...TWICE. At launch, got rid of it and then between my 4S, I grabbed the s3 again. After getting burned two times, that was it for me. Android is still a beta OS for me. Lag is still there, run into strange bugs/hiccups and it just doesnt work the way I want it to. Sure it does some sweet things but they arent enough to sway me to go back again. I live in an Apple home. iPad, Apple TV, Macbook Pro, and a Mac Pro. The android was like the unwanted step child. Went to the iPhone 5 once I found one (I paid full price cause I am insane, lol). And I am a happy guy.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I own a S3 now and go back and forth. I had a 3GS (amazing) -> Droid (horrible piece of crap) -> iP4 (good, but laggy) -> S3 (great, but has its issues)

The advantages of the iPhone, IMO
- iTunes
- easier to sync to a computer
- selection of 3rd party apps is better
- more stable (but this gap has narrowed considerably)
- more accessories
- easier to use, if you are not good with computers
- it can fit in my hand and I can still use it without fear of dropping it
- better aftercare
- if you buy an iPhone, you can relax in knowing that a better, faster phone won't be out in 2 months and a year later you are down 2 OS updates
- screen quality is better
- better quality control

The advantages of the S3
- bigger screen
- removable battery
- SD card- I got the 16gb and had an old 16gb card from my droid- voila 32gb!
- nfc- I ordered the nfc tags, but at this point this is more for fun than anything practical (I think this will be like this for the next few years), but it's still cool to play with
- shoot me, but I like the design better- the iP4/5 design is gorgeous, but is old news. I know Ive is brilliant and I am always excited to see what he comes up with.
- software- 3rd party apps are still not up to iTunes selection/quality, but the google apps are incredible- gtalk, google voice, maps, google translate (great time killer)
- google maps- I'm not being a d-bag, but I live and die off the gps/mapping capabilities of my phone. This alone turned me off to the iPhone 5- hopefully by iPhone 5s or 6 it will be all sorted out.
- notifications are better on the S3
- and the biggest reason for me: it's something different to try out- I get bored being on one platform so I go back and forth

Really, Android has matured to the point where it is a legitimate competitor to iOS. Back when I had the droid, I talked so many people into avoiding it because it was garbage. Not anymore. It's all down to personal preference now.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I own a S3 now and go back and forth. I had a 3GS (amazing) -> Droid (horrible piece of crap) -> iP4 (good, but laggy) -> S3 (great, but has its issues)

The advantages of the iPhone, IMO
- iTunes
- easier to sync to a computer
- selection of 3rd party apps is better
- more stable (but this gap has narrowed considerably)
- more accessories
- easier to use, if you are not good with computers
- it can fit in my hand and I can still use it without fear of dropping it
- better aftercare
- if you buy an iPhone, you can relax in knowing that a better, faster phone won't be out in 2 months and a year later you are down 2 OS updates
- screen quality is better
- better quality control

The advantages of the S3
- bigger screen
- removable battery
- SD card- I got the 16gb and had an old 16gb card from my droid- voila 32gb!
- nfc- I ordered the nfc tags, but at this point this is more for fun than anything practical (I think this will be like this for the next few years), but it's still cool to play with
- shoot me, but I like the design better- the iP4/5 design is gorgeous, but is old news. I know Ive is brilliant and I am always excited to see what he comes up with.
- software- 3rd party apps are still not up to iTunes selection/quality, but the google apps are incredible- gtalk, google voice, maps, google translate (great time killer)
- google maps- I'm not being a d-bag, but I live and die off the gps/mapping capabilities of my phone. This alone turned me off to the iPhone 5- hopefully by iPhone 5s or 6 it will be all sorted out.
- notifications are better on the S3
- and the biggest reason for me: it's something different to try out- I get bored being on one platform so I go back and forth

Really, Android has matured to the point where it is a legitimate competitor to iOS. Back when I had the droid, I talked so many people into avoiding it because it was garbage. Not anymore. It's all down to personal preference now.

Ill give you the Google Maps...

I loathe Apple Maps. I loved the Google Maps experience on the S3...

mellimel2212

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Not only maps but the multi window feature hands down kills anything bb or iOS brings

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711