Anyone else unlock their iPhone 5 yet?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I unlocked my AT&T iPhone 5 yesterday for $8.46 using "UnlockFusion". Took less than 12 hours to get the unlock from them. I think Verizon and Sprint iPhone 5's might come unlocked? However, not the ones from AT&T unless you pay full retail for it. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to unlock their new iPhone 5 and don't qualify to have it done by AT&T for free due to 2 year contract, I would recommend looking into UnlockFusion. They are quick to unlock and 100% legit.

Here's a link to their site. (Mods please remove if this link isn't allowed). https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...e=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

eru4y5y5.jpg

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...I've never heard of that company before (but i have seen these unlock codes being sold else where). You're the first person on this site i think I've actually read that used it and it worked and i trust the credibility of the report. I think I'll be giving them some business today...(especially with a trip over seas for a couple of weeks in the near future).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...I've never heard of that company before (but i have seen these unlock codes being sold else where). You're the first person on this site i think I've actually read that used it and it worked and i trust the credibility of the report. I think I'll be giving them some business today...(especially with a trip over seas for a couple of weeks in the near future).

I was a little unsure myself, Sean, as I have never tried this before. But being locked into a 2 year contract with AT&T and no way to unlock from them till it's over, I decided to give UnlockFusion a shot since they were less that $9. As they say in that link, within 5 minutes after I paid they sent me a link via email to give them my iPhone 5's IMEI number. Then in less than 12 hours I received another email from them letting me know that my iPhone was unlocked. I got that message posted above the minute I restored my iPhone in iTunes... Good luck, Sean, I think you'll have a positive experience with these guys as well. :)

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Did this with both my 4S and 5. I used these same guys. Did through eBay though. Both unlocks within 12 hrs and both work with non At&T sim cards. Legit.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, color me confused. What is the advantage to unlocking a phone and can this be done on Verizon?

For AT&T (GSM), it adds the ability to use the phone on another GSM carrier (T-Mobile), or internationally but using a local SIM. I don't know about the previous models. but the iPhone 5 on VZW is already unlocked on the international GSM side.

It also appears that this particular entity only unlocks AT&T phones.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The advantage is that you can put another carrier's SIM card in there and use it. If you travel a lot overseas, and want to use a local sim card from the country you are in, the phone must be unlocked. Otherwise you can leave your ATT sim card in there, and pay $2.00/minute, and $99999/mb.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Paid the $8.46 at 7:30am this morning received the email conformation that my iP5 is unlocked at 8:30am. Will restore via iTunes when I get home tonight to confirm all is good...

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, if going elsewhere (Canada, Europe) I can pop in another SIM for my Verizon phone and I am set since it comes unlocked?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
whoa, that's great! Do I just pop it in or do I have to go through a whole process each time? Also, any recs for a good source of said card?

GreenDize12

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%?? Unfortunately, the AT&T nano SIM on my iPhone 5 is the Only SIM I have. I was gonna hold on the Unlocked so I can do it through Cellular Medic for $35. But if this is only a $9 fee I'm in!!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%??

No... I have an AT&T iP5 and once I got the unlock verification email I restored in iTunes and the unlock was applied... no swapping of SIMs or anything. I then loaded the backup I made just prior to the restore and my iP5 is exactly as it was... just unlocked.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
For AT&T (GSM), it adds the ability to use the phone on another GSM carrier (T-Mobile), or internationally but using a local SIM. I don't know about the previous models. but the iPhone 5 on VZW is already unlocked on the international GSM side.

It also appears that this particular entity only unlocks AT&T phones.

They only unlock att cuz Verizon comes unlocked even for a AT&T sim or tmobile

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
BTW, do I need to have a SIM from another carrier for the Unlock to work 100%?? Unfortunately, the AT&T nano SIM on my iPhone 5 is the Only SIM I have. I was gonna hold on the Unlocked so I can do it through Cellular Medic for $35. But if this is only a $9 fee I'm in!!

Actually you might. I used them to unlock my 4S and another company for my 5. When I purchased it on eBay for my 4S it listed 4 or 5 possible ways to unlock starting with a simple restore in iTunes. The first 2 methods did not work for my iPhone and I had to use the 3rd method that did require a non AT&T SIM card. At the end of the day all ways were pretty simple and the company was very helpful providing me with detailed steps for all of the methods so I would definitely recommend them. For my 5 the unlock went through with a simple restore and no other SIM card was required.

Plus, this not only let's you avoid crazy roaming fees, it increases your resell value.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Getting mine unlocked now. Should have confirmation in a day or two. Why? Just because I wanted to, no other reason lol.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Any similar function for an iPhone 4S on Verizon? Got the international unlock from Verizon so I'm going for traveling, but it would be great if I could jump to T-Mobile without replacing my phone.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Any similar function for an iPhone 4S on Verizon? Got the international unlock from Verizon so I'm going for traveling, but it would be great if I could jump to T-Mobile without replacing my phone.

Pretty sure Verizon blocks US GSM carriers even when unlocked. You would need Gevey SIM I believe.