- 10-02-2012, 07:42 PM #2
Re: Transfering Outlook contact photos to iPhone 5. . .??
One reason I use my own on the device only. But some info below for Outlook.
Gyoo » Blog Archive » How to synchronize contact picture between Outlook and your iPhone
First, some figures:
iPhone camera resolution: 1600×1200 (72dpi)
iPhone screen resolution: 320×480 (160dpi)
iPhone contact picture display size: 64×64 (160dpi)
iPhone contact picture display size on call: 320×270 (160dpi)
Outlook import resolution: 72×96 (72dpi)
Yes Outlook sucks. You can only add into Oulook interface poor resolution image compare to the capacity of the iPhone.
On your PC, resize the image contact to 320×320 (160dpi), knowing that 25 pixels on the top and bottom will be semi-transparent when on call. Or any size bigger with the same ratio, up to 1600×1600 (bigger is sometime not imported into the iPhone photo library)
On your PC, create a folder iPhone Photos\Contacts and move your contact photos inside
Sync the photos into your iPhone with iTunes through the Photos tab. Select the iPhone Photos folder as source.
Manually associated the photo to your contact on the iPhone (Edit ->Add Photo->Choose Existing Photo)
Sync back the iPhone with iTunes. The photos will be associated automatically into Outlook with the good resolution this time.
- 10-03-2012, 04:54 PM #4
- By cjvitek in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 4Last Post: 08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
- By serrick13 in forum Original iPadReplies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
- By igorsky in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
- By buirus in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
- By rmv23887 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2009, 07:06 PM