Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Question LED Status light?

I turned it on in settings and I don't see it blinking? Is everyone using or even know about it? Does it work for specific apps only? I'm getting txts and stuff but just get notification/badge in phone, no status light...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,624 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: LED Status light?

I don't think there is a notification LED light on the iPhone5.... (I assume you are referring to the notification light like on BlackBerry devices).
    I know there is an app for it, but it only makes your flash LED light up, and I'm not sure if you can get different colors - just a white burst
    [BOX] [/BOX]iPhone5: white, 32GB, Verizon; iPad Air: black, 64GB, LTE Verizon - iOS8
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Jdeezy85 View Post
    I turned it on in settings and I don't see it blinking? Is everyone using or even know about it? Does it work for specific apps only? I'm getting txts and stuff but just get notification/badge in phone, no status light...
    The only "LED status light" is a kludgy implementation of the camera flash as a LED. Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,624 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    The only "LED status light" is a kludgy implementation of the camera flash as a LED. Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.
    I actually LOVE the LED light on my BlackBerry (still waiting on the iPhone5). Plus I'm sure that it would be able to be turned off...
    [BOX] [/BOX]iPhone5: white, 32GB, Verizon; iPad Air: black, 64GB, LTE Verizon - iOS8
    Thanked by:
    redbeard (10-03-2012)
    redbeard likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

I thought there is a led light in the front next to the earpiece on the left?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,624 Global Posts
    iOS Version

" The camera flash may be used to help notify of missed calls or other alerts.

To enable LED alerts from the home screen, tap Settings."

From that link you just posted. It's the camera flash, nothing on the front. iOS6 must have implemented the feature instead of needing an app like before.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,083 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

That is the proximity sensor. It does not light up.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Beginner

Ehhh that sucks I miss my status light
    redbeard likes this.

Global Posts
    11,522 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Aw jeez, not this **** again....
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    akim0129 (10-03-2012), MrszBerry (10-03-2012), GingerSnapsBack (10-03-2012)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

You thought wrong. There is NO dedicated LED anywhere on the iPhone.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,579 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.
    IIJBII and revtech like this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post

How ironic that you're using a Cowboys image... they must have been getting busy with the popcorn last night, too. #daBears
    SeanHRCC and oanda8311 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,187 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

How ironic that you're using a Cowboys image... they must have been getting busy with the popcorn last night, too. #daBears

Perfection.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    oanda8311 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default LED Status light?

More like this.....worst gm ever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LED Status light?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1349212127.796588.jpg  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

THANKFULLY is right I couldn't stand that shiit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Aw jeez, not this **** again....
    LOL!!!
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by coltsbr View Post
    That is the proximity sensor. It does not light up.
    AND light sensor...
    Are you John Wayne? Is this me?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    " The camera flash may be used to help notify of missed calls or other alerts.

To enable LED alerts from the home screen, tap Settings."

From that link you just posted. It's the camera flash, nothing on the front. iOS6 must have implemented the feature instead of needing an app like before.
    didn't need an app for ios5,it's in settings as an option.i used to use it while i was driving a truck and couldn't feel the vibration.
    Go Yankees

www.vforcecustoms.com Vinnie & Cody,formerly of orange county choppers
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:30 AM ----------

The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.
    Thanked by:
    redbeard (10-03-2012)
    redbeard likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by emwood View Post
    Yes, your BlackBerry could. Your iPhone can't. I (and many others) prefer it that way. Others don't. At the present time, if you want that feature, get a BlackBerry.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,187 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

iPhone does have a notification feature via the rear LED light (if you want that sort of redundant crap), you can also set your phone to remind you (audibly and visually on screen) of a message up to 10 times (in 2min. intervals). The messages are all labeled with who they are from as well as a preview to the message.

Any other BS you want to throw out there for us to dispel newbie? You want a rainbow emitting LED? Go play with your...lol...Storm.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

I thought I would miss the notification LED on my BB, but... I don't.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,579 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

do you even own an iDevice?
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I am really struggling why people leave one phone platform for another and then spend all of their waking hours complaining that it's not like the platform that they just abandoned. If people did sufficient research prior to jumping ship for the unknown. Investigate where you're going, then decide if what you're giving up is stuff you can live without. It's about choices and options.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

This is a topic on the led status light. I stated my opinion, others choose to state their belief in apple. I was not complaining, and have had idevices for the past 3 years. I know what to expect from them and i know what i can get out of them. If a blackberry fan hears abojt "iphone led" they will originally think of the traditional bb status led. My post explains what it is and what its limits are. I dont currently use the feature on my i5, but i can see it someday coming in handy if my phone is on silent but not near me.

[
    redbeard and hockeydave55 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,187 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

This is a topic on the led status light. I stated my opinion, others choose to state their belief in apple. I was not complaining, and have had idevices for the past 3 years. I know what to expect from them and i know what i can get out of them. If a blackberry fan hears abojt "iphone led" they will originally think of the traditional bb status led. My post explains what it is and what its limits are. I dont currently use the feature on my i5, but i can see it someday coming in handy if my phone is on silent but not near me.
    A BB like LED is a redundancy that is unneeded on the iPhone...especially considering that the LED was considered an important "feature" back when phones were still primarily phones (like most BB devices still are). Most smart phones are pocket computers these days that we keep with us more personally than anyone did when the LED was a big feature on the BB's. Back when i used BB's, i checked my phone about half as much as i do my iPhone because, quite simply, there wasn't as much going on outside phone calls and text's.
    Fausty82 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast