LED Status light?

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I turned it on in settings and I don't see it blinking? Is everyone using or even know about it? Does it work for specific apps only? I'm getting txts and stuff but just get notification/badge in phone, no status light...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a notification LED light on the iPhone5.... (I assume you are referring to the notification light like on BlackBerry devices).
I know there is an app for it, but it only makes your flash LED light up, and I'm not sure if you can get different colors - just a white burst

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on in settings and I don't see it blinking? Is everyone using or even know about it? Does it work for specific apps only? I'm getting txts and stuff but just get notification/badge in phone, no status light...

The only "LED status light" is a kludgy implementation of the camera flash as a LED. Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
The only "LED status light" is a kludgy implementation of the camera flash as a LED. Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.

I actually LOVE the LED light on my BlackBerry (still waiting on the iPhone5). Plus I'm sure that it would be able to be turned off...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought there is a led light in the front next to the earpiece on the left? Change the LED Alert - IPHONE 5 16GB

" The camera flash may be used to help notify of missed calls or other alerts.

To enable LED alerts from the home screen, tap Settings."

From that link you just posted. It's the camera flash, nothing on the front. iOS6 must have implemented the feature instead of needing an app like before.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thankfully, there is no LED notification like a la BlackBerry.

popcorn.gif

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
More like this.....worst gm ever

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349212127.796588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349212127.796588.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 337

bennett22

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
" The camera flash may be used to help notify of missed calls or other alerts.

To enable LED alerts from the home screen, tap Settings."

From that link you just posted. It's the camera flash, nothing on the front. iOS6 must have implemented the feature instead of needing an app like before.

didn't need an app for ios5,it's in settings as an option.i used to use it while i was driving a truck and couldn't feel the vibration.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:30 AM ----------

The blackberry status led was awesome. I could tell who contacted me, and how they contacted me without even waking my phone. The iphone was is a nice try. Its only feature is that you have a notification, it does not continue nor does it alert you on the type of message or who it was even from.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes, your BlackBerry could. Your iPhone can't. I (and many others) prefer it that way. Others don't. At the present time, if you want that feature, get a BlackBerry.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

iPhone does have a notification feature via the rear LED light (if you want that sort of redundant crap), you can also set your phone to remind you (audibly and visually on screen) of a message up to 10 times (in 2min. intervals). The messages are all labeled with who they are from as well as a preview to the message.

Any other BS you want to throw out there for us to dispel newbie? You want a rainbow emitting LED? Go play with your...lol...Storm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro