Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Brightness

I've noticed that the i5 is much brighter at the same setting as my 4. Anyone else notice this. My 4 I kept at little less them half. The 5 I keep here. Brightness-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349144923.559994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 baby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brightness-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349144852.794128.jpg  
    Steve Jobs created iCloud so he would have somewhere to go when he died and still be with Apple.

Global Posts
    15,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Re: Brightness

Depending on light environment it should change.. Are you not seeing this?

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Depending on light environment it should change.. Are you not seeing this?
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

Default Brightness

The auto-brightness works different now too. Now setting the max is disregarded. Does anyone turn off auto brightness and just set too 25-40%? Does this save more battery?

Global Posts
    15,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

I tried that for a few days. And didn't like it. certain lighted areas I need that extra boost. Auto was turned back on.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Brightness

I didn't care for the auto setting. I have mine set low and only turn it up if I need to. And yes I have found doing it this way saves battery.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,172 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

For a second i thought you were trying to show us your screen brightness using screen captures, lol!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    7.0 GM

Brightness works different than before. I noticed that it doesn't matter where you leave the slider when auto is ON. It will go across the board as it needs to depending on how bright it is outside or in the room you are in. Only way it will not change is when auto is OFF and it will not change until you change it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

Default Brightness

Agreed. Most of the time it's sitting at 50%+ because of bright areas and in return battery drains!!! I have mine off for today at 35% we will see.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Brightness

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    For a second i thought you were trying to show us your screen brightness using screen captures, lol!
    Lol I was thinking the same thing
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Yeah I started to do that but realized there was no difference LOL....
    Steve Jobs created iCloud so he would have somewhere to go when he died and still be with Apple.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

i keep mine on auto. there are times where it is too bright or not bright enough, so i adjust it. i feel like it is learning which brightness i like it at depending on the scenario cause now i am not having to adjust it much in the same areas. i'm new to the iphone 5. can anyone confirm if the phone learns which brightness levels you prefer? when i rooted my android, i was able to set the brightness at specific lighting levels. figured this phone was doing the same thing.

---------- Post Merged at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:45 PM ----------

i keep mine on auto. there are times where it is too bright or not bright enough, so i adjust it. i feel like it is learning which brightness i like it at depending on the scenario cause now i am not having to adjust it much in the same areas. i'm new to the iphone 5. can anyone confirm if the phone learns which brightness levels you prefer? when i rooted my android, i was able to set the brightness at specific lighting levels. figured this phone was doing the same thing.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    7.0 GM

I kinda agree too, I think it learns the light level and when you change it to that specific light level it know you like it at whatever you set the slider to. I've tried it in many different scenarios and seems to remember what level I like for a specific light level of the area or room, but it will still get brighter if its really sunny and bright out.