Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

109 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

Default An App to tell charging rate on iPhone?

Is there an app that tells you the charging rate when you plug your phone to a charger? Reason I ask is that my old Android phone would say "USB" or "AC" when charging. If i plug it into my wall charger or my car's 2.1A USB charger, it would say AC, so I know it will charge quickly. When I plug it into a computer or my iPhone 5's wall charger, it says USB, which usually means it will charge either 1/2 or 1/4 of the speed. Just wanted to know whether I am getting a quick charge or not. It's strange that it says USB when I use my iPhone's wall charger. I swear my iPhone charges pretty fast when using the wall outlet. (this is the stock wall charger that came with the phone). I tried my dad's iPad USB wall charger and it says the same thing on my Android phone.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I already read a bunch of sites that explain why some methods are faster because of the Amps and Watts. Just wanted to see if there is a way to tell from the phone how fast it is charging.