Sweat and the iphone 5

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol if u people think I'm a d bag with a crappy attitude, cool story bros :) lol some people can't handle the truth. And I like dishing out my bluntness so I could care less what u losers thnk. Either give an educated answer or you will get a piece of my mind. Simple as that.
Anyway, I will probably use a ziploc bag as the armband will probably just get in the way of most my routines. And I forgot to mention the reason I would have the phone on me is to listen to Internet radio. I listen to a lot of pandora, slacker, etc. The phone after all is used to listen to music. So I intend to do so. Especially with my unlimited data...
I agree gym is my time as well. I don't take calls at the gym. But gotta have my beats...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Lol if u people think I'm a d bag with a crappy attitude, cool story bros :) lol some people can't handle the truth. And I like dishing out my bluntness so I could care less what u losers thnk. Either give an educated answer or you will get a piece of my mind. Simple as that.
Since you appreciate bluntness - I'll give you some: You are acting like a d bag. Quit. You've been given several intelligent answers above - take the good advice given, or don't. Your choice.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, I will probably use a ziploc bag as the armband will probably just get in the way of most my routines. And I forgot to mention the reason I would have the phone on me is to listen to Internet radio. I listen to a lot of pandora, slacker, etc. The phone after all is used to listen to music. So I intend to do so. Especially with my unlimited data...
I agree gym is my time as well. I don't take calls at the gym. But gotta have my beats...

So let's see, you have referred to people in this thread as brosky, (ha, what?), losers, etc. You've been rude, unaccepting, sarcastic....all of which you cleverly label as blunt. So now that you have your answers, although suprising someone as intelligent as you couldn't come up with a ziplock bag on your own, you can leave the forums and continue on. Go rage on and enjoy those 'beats' lol.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hahahahahahaha this has gotten to be a very entertaining thread :) I see the planet fitness clan are sticking up for each other.
Please keep proving my point over and over. Leaving comments that are obviously not important. Like you idiots.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hahahahahahaha this has gotten to be a very entertaining thread :) I see the planet fitness clan are sticking up for each other.
Please keep proving my point over and over. Leaving comments that are obviously not important. Like you idiots.
The only idiot here is you.

Bluetooth headphones - a very viable solution.. armband - very viable solution despite your bigotry that arm bands are only for running... the only unimportant comments here now are yours - demeaning the very people you asked to give you information. You are indeed a d bag. And now my forum Ignore List has a new entry.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Please help. I keep spilling water as I am trying to transport my dogs water bowl to my new house. But I don't want to empty the water before moving.
You have your answers:1)armband 2)heavy duty case or Baggie 3)Bluetooth headphones.
Bow to your sensei Rex Kwan do.

ryan64093

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I use a seidio case in a seidio clip holster that i clip on my waist. I usually run two miles and lift and never had a problem. Another idea is an Otterbox case and holster.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know the two combined cant be a good thing. I messsed up my last phone because my clothes are literally soaked while working out at the gym. With my iphone 5 in my pocket I'm sure sweat will damage the phone. Any of you guys have any good ideas on how to protect them? I was looking on amazon and they didnt really have anything that would protect the phone and keep it in my pocket. I am not the type to use an armband as i dont really use it to run.

Aside from sounding like a giant douche in most of your retorts, i understand your situation...and while yes, you could buy a water proof case if you're afraid of getting excessive sweat into the phone, I personally went the route of getting an iPod for working out purposes, you can buy pretty much any of the variants of iPod out on the market on any kind of budget so finding one that works for you shouldn't be a big deal.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
All roid rage & dbag jokes aside...I've had similar concerns with my device when I go to the gym. After a workout I'm pretty soaked...If you can find an arm band that fits comfortably, by all means. I could never find one that didn't want to explode when doing arm exercises. I found I could put the arm band around my lower leg and that stayed put pretty well. It helped that I also have a bluetooth headset.

There are plenty of cases out there that will protect against moisture ( at least for the 4 & 4S...not sure about the 5 )...those should help...when they are available...until then, get a bluetooth headset, set your phone done somewhere that you won't drop your weights on it, and you can keep your eyes on it, until you get a case to protect against your liberal amounts of sweat :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd use an Otterbox Defender and holster it to my hip.

I workout a lot at the gym as well and my phone is my music player. Except I spend
more time on cardio machines. I'm constantly wiping my phone, though. I even take
it inside the sauna but keep it covered heavily in a towel.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Bit o' the roid rage going on? You may want to back off on the dianabol bro. Keep talking like this to people "brosky" and I'm sure you'll get your "beats"...just not the kind you're looking for.

There are several cases one can use to avoid damaging your device from a simple ziplok to numerous cases available online or big-box stores. No need to get testy...99% of the people on here are trying to provide assistance. Ignore those you won't like to hear from...like mine.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Be careful with the arm band, I used one while running with my iPhone 4 and I sweat through the thin material, the iPhone ended up getting streaks of yellow on the screen from the moisture. I will not be attempting that again with the 5.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You must sweat like a beast lol. I've been using my iPhones at the gym for years and never had such issues. I clip my phone onu shorts. Sometimes I use the otterbox defender or right now I'm using a case called pure gear. Or you can just grab a leather type holster with a clip to put on your shorts. Anyways hope this helps and don't kill yourself out there.