New, bigger screen is nice !

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had doubts whether the longer screen makes that much of a difference, but I'm really digging it !
It almost seems wider. They did a good job with the web browsing where you can get rid of the borders. Landscape keyboard has slightly larger keys. And videos look great !

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The timing of your post is perfect for me. I am getting ready to pull the trigger - switching from a BB 9930 to the iPhone 5. My one hesitation has been in regard to wondering if the screen being just a tad taller, and no wider, than the previous iPhones is really that much of a change. Just wondering how others feel... Does the slight increase in length make it that much of an improvement over the previous versions?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The timing of your post is perfect for me. I am getting ready to pull the trigger - switching from a BB 9930 to the iPhone 5. My one hesitation has been in regard to wondering if the screen being just a tad taller, and no wider, than the previous iPhones is really that much of a change. Just wondering how others feel... Does the slight increase in length make it that much of an improvement over the previous versions?

Thanks!

I was a bit skeptical in regard to what I perceived to be merely a stretched screen. I was both right and wrong. I was right about it being stretched but I was very wrong about how it looks. It is, well, perfect for an iPhone. Somehow, it appears wider than it actually is and I am impressed with it. Anyway, go ahead a make the leap and this is coming from a "real" Blackberry fanboy. ;)

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I remember last year I was in your shoes...switching from a bb9930 to an ip4S. I was very hesitant about a lot of things especially typing on a screen. Well the rest is history. I never looked back. I now have an I5 and believe me it's awesome. You will notice and realize screen is bigger and better. I'm really enjoying and satisfied with new screen. I say go for it and make the switch you won't regret it one bit

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

MichelleRo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I must agree that I have easily transitioned into the larger screen. I was highly skeptical of the screen enlargement when iMore was sharing the rumors and speculations about how big Apple may go--I enjoyed my 3.5" screen and even considered not upgrading if they announced a bigger screen! I decided to give it a shot once Apple finally announced the 5 and I am very glad that I did!

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It sounds like although it is actually just a small increase in size, it does indeed make it a more positive experience. As one of the last Blackberry hold-out's, I am looking forward to this change!

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had every iPhone since the original. I thought the size was perfect and there was no way to improve it. Boy was I wrong! Apple hit the nail on the head by just increasing the height and not the width. Turns out the width is what I was afraid of...all the Android phones and such with the huge screen are way too wide and they don't feel comfortable. I find it hard to put my i5 down. When I get in bed at night I reach for my phone and I just can't put it down even though I've had an iPhone for years this new screen just won't let me put it down.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad more people feel like I do.
I have also had all of the iPhone iterations and it was a perfect size (at the time). But yes this is by far a vast improvement.
This may be the perfect size. Easy to hold. The lighter weight and aluminum back make it so. If this were glass and heavier than the 4s it would be quite a drop hazard (the 4s is slippery without a case).
Things that have been much improved for me are the MLB at bat app, I have the paid version and watching games on the 5 is nice (Yankees, by the way), Direct TV NFL football, and I also watched the Ryder cup which was awesome on the 16:9 format (though we lost)
Also the LTE also makes that a reality since I am obviously watching those things on the road (would be on TV otherwise)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I went from a 4.3" screen on my Evo 3D to the 4S & now I have the 5. I was a bit skeptical because I thought I wanted to go back to a 4.3" screen or larger because 3.5 was WAY too small for me. But I tried out the 5 & fell in love with it. It's not the biggest out here but the screen is beautiful. I get compliments all the time about how crisp my screen is!! Go for it...you won't be disappointed!!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711