Idle drain = almost zero?

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I left my iPhone 5 off the charger last night. Woke up this morning (6.5 hours later) and it was still at 100%? Is this real?

I have four e-mail accounts syncing, two of which are exchange and I am logged into several IM accounts. I also received a few e-mails and SMS overnight. I had LTE, Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS on.

My 4s would drain around 5-10% overnight and my GS3 would lose around 15.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For whatever reason that drop from 100% to 99% on this phone and 4S seem to take forever. Of course this fluctuates. So shuttle idle for a few hours untouched, seems pretty normal.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
For whatever reason that drop from 100% to 99% on this phone and 4S seem to take forever. Of course this fluctuates. So shuttle idle for a few hours untouched, seems pretty normal.

I was kind of hoping it wasn't just a battery gauge fake-out. I would love to see the kind of idle time on my 5 that the iPhone 4 had, however unrealistic.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I was kind of hoping it wasn't just a battery gauge fake-out. I would love to see the kind of idle time on my 5 that the iPhone 4 had, however unrealistic.

It very well may be a fake-out but whatever it is, you will notice this happening a lot. Again, my 4S did it all the time. Something else to remember is when you have Wi-Fi on it's overriding LTE and using less battery.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I left my phone off the charger last night. Went to sleep with 63% battery life remaining and woke up this morning to a completely dead phone. When I got the phone, I restored it from an iOS6 iP4s backup. After charging it up this morning I restored the phone and set up as new. This seems to be making a huge difference so far. I'm guessing something from my previous back up was causing a huge amount of battery drain.

This is where I'm at as of a few minutes ago.

66604EBA-6314-4734-A7C2-D2D192713B47-1704-00000038209705E6.jpg

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I left my phone off the charger last night. Went to sleep with 63% battery life remaining and woke up this morning to a completely dead phone. When I got the phone, I restored it from an iOS6 iP4s backup. After charging it up this morning I restored the phone and set up as new. This seems to be making a huge difference so far. I'm guessing something from my previous back up was causing a huge amount of battery drain.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/...4-A7C2-D2D192713B47-1704-00000038209705E6.jpg

Weird. I restored mine from an iPhone 4s backup as well and I have had no issues. I'm thankful for that. I would have hated starting over. The iCloud restore is one of the things I love about iOS devices.

Natemz

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Something else to remember is when you have Wi-Fi on it's overriding LTE and using less battery.

Doesn't wifi go to sleep after a while? Many times when I wake up my phone it shows LTE and then switches back to wifi.
I'm new to iOS. android has an option to force wifi to stay on but doesn't seem like you can in iOS.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Doesn't wifi go to sleep after a while? Many times when I wake up my phone it shows LTE and then switches back to wifi.
I'm new to iOS. android has an option to force wifi to stay on but doesn't seem like you can in iOS.

This has been debated in the past but to me it does not. Doing so would mean you would be using your data up in the background. You can test it by checking your data before you go to sleep and then the next morning check it again. If you get emails and other notifications you would see some data being used. In my case I never saw an increase while leaving WiFi on.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/...4-A7C2-D2D192713B47-1704-00000038209705E6.jpg

Troubles like that are common with people that directly restored from backup.

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

This has been debated in the past but to me it does not. Doing so would mean you would be using your data up in the background. You can test it by checking your data before you go to sleep and then the next morning check it again. If you get emails and other notifications you would see some data being used. In my case I never saw an increase while leaving WiFi on.

+1

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2