who is the Dad of the year? i am.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after battling the demons from within, i decided to not use an upgrade to get my next device and let my kids actually use THEIR upgrades this year!

Made a trip to the Apple store and picked up 3 iPhone 4's for $0. they are pretty stoked right now

of course i will more than likely have panic attacks once all of these places i left my name on lists start calling me for the 5, but its worth it. i guess, if i decide to, i can sell my 4S and make up the difference for no-commitment pricing [iPhone 5 or GS3]

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
after battling the demons from within, i decided to not use an upgrade to get my next device and let my kids actually use THEIR upgrades this year!

Made a trip to the Apple store and picked up 3 iPhone 4's for $0. they are pretty stoked right now

of course i will more than likely have panic attacks once all of these places i left my name on lists start calling me for the 5, but its worth it. i guess, if i decide to, i can sell my 4S and make up the difference for no-commitment pricing [iPhone 5 or GS3]

That's awesome! I know your kids are glad to have a dad like you

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That's awesome BLINK! My kids are about to chew through their restraints right about now! We are all eligible for upgrades now. All 5 of us. 😳 I told the kids we had to sell our iP4s first. Well I've got that worked out so a trip to the Apple Store is in the near future! 😄

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Way to go!! I think I just shed a tear. That is so awesome. You'll more than likely sell the 4S for the 5 soon anyway.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Good work Blink. I will have to do the same at some stage but luckily my boy is only 4 so many years till that dilemma comes my way. I like to think I'd do the same

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice BLiNK! Good things come to those who wait... and by wait I mean wait to sell their 4S to get the 5 instead of using an upgrade *thumbs up*

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm almost positive you will be getting a call tomorrow morning from Radio Shack.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm just the oppisite. I'm using my 13 year olds upgrade to get myself the 5. I pay the bill, I get the upgrade. That, and a 13 year old doesn't need a smartphone. We certainly aren't paying $30 a month for him to have data when he's not even allowed to take it to school. He has an iPod Touch to use at the house.

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm just the oppisite. I'm using my 13 year olds upgrade to get myself the 5. I pay the bill, I get the upgrade. That, and a 13 year old doesn't need a smartphone. We certainly aren't paying $30 a month for him to have data when he's not even allowed to take it to school. He has an iPod Touch to use at the house.

You're sick. Using the upgrade your son has probably waited a year or more to use and you use it for yourself.../:

Nice job to BLiNK for letting your kids use their upgrades instead of for your own selfish whims. That's very nice of you :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You're sick. Using the upgrade your son has probably waited a year or more to use and you use it for yourself.../:

Nice job to BLiNK for letting your kids use their upgrades instead of for your own selfish whims. That's very nice of you :)

Dude, it's the golden rule. The man with the gold gets to make the rules. When a 13 year old can pay the monthly bill and buy the upgrade, then (and only then) is he entitled to it IMO. Anything else is a magnanimous gesture on the part of the parental unit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude, it's the golden rule. The man with the gold gets to make the rules. When a 13 year old can pay the monthly bill and buy the upgrade, then (and only then) is he entitled to it IMO. Anything else is a magnanimous gesture on the part of the parental unit.

(Laughing)...oh yeah. You are on point with this, my friend. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2