Facebook Contacts

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I currently use Google Exchange for my contacts. This has been working great for a long time. A friend of mine told me I needed to link my Facebook account to my contacts for pictures and birthdays. This looked to work out great as I did get everyone's pictures and birthdays but it also looks to hurt some apps.

Now when I go into apps like WhatsApp I have duplicate names for just about everyone in my contact list. I don't know if WhatsApp can correct this but if they can't what are my options?

It seems like I can remove my Facebook account and "merge" all its data with my current contacts.. Does this work well? Or should I just turn off the contacts portion of the Facebook integration? I'm guessing I would lose peoples pics and birthdays if I did this though?

In short I guess im wondering if others have had this issue and what they did to make it manageable.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, unfortunately Facebook is the problem for that. Left corner in the Contacts app, you can see your groups. If you unmark the Facebook Contacts there, you can be able to see your usual contacts. But I'm not sure if it modify or effect Whatsapp.

Even if you close the Facebook contacts sharing once after you activated it, you'll need to delete your contact's parts manually which Facebook added. Cause when you disable it, Facebook will only delete the the contacts added by itself.. Not the merged ones.

I know it's a mess but I had same issue and I don't use it anymore. Twitter integration is working better for me without any conflicts. I think Facebook has to simplify it's integration cause there are so many useless info appears in the contacts. At least we should be able to create a template for contacts which we want to see or not. (like in Contacts app in MacOsX)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73