Battery drain from backup restore, iOs6 upgrade first?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I have been reading in other threads that if you use a backup restore from an old iPhone to setup a new iPhone5, there have been battery drain issues on the new phone. However, I was wondering if this issue was experienced by those who had upgraded the iOS on the old iPhone to iOS 6 before doing a backup restore to setup the new iphone5.

Thanks.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I restored from my 4S and have had no issues so far. My battery life seems much better, but I am using WiFi more and 3G less. There is no 4G in my area yet.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I restored from my 4S and have had no issues so far. My battery life seems much better, but I am using WiFi more and 3G less. There is no 4G in my area yet.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Reading threads on these forums can sometimes not be a good thing. Lol.

Did you upgrade your 4Ss to iOs6 prior to transferring to the iphone5?

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Reading threads on these forums can sometimes not be a good thing. Lol.

Did you upgrade your 4Ss to iOs6 prior to transferring to the iphone5?

I did not upgrade to IOs6. I figured I would try it without upgrading, and so far so good. Not only that, but I had not done the latest IOs 5 upgrade either.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I had issues twice when restoring my new iPhone 5 from my iCloud backup (4S).

I wiped the device and restored from iTunes and it seemed to make a difference. I see this in battery life, iTunes (odd skipping issues previously) and photos (some were showing blank placeholders).

I would recommend anyone with issues try restoring directly through iTunes. In my case it helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro