Google Voicemail Transcriptions

spoilingpets

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the newest Ipad and now the Iphone 5, Before the Iphone 5 I had a droid X, on the droid X through google voice I would get a text of my voicemails. it would transcribe the message and send it to me in a text or an email on my phone. I would not have to look at the tablet to get the voice mail.

I cannot figure out how to get the voice mails to come as a text or email on the new iphone 5. Am I missing a button somewhere or something. I would hate to have to open the ipad every time to read a voice mail

Thank you in advance
Sandy

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set up this on the actual google voice site? I don't think there are options to change notification settings on the iPhone app.

spoilingpets

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have all the settings in google voice set up to send voicemail transcripts, but for some reason it isnt working. this is not a deal breaker but it is a feature that I am truly missing alot!!!

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I also am switching from android and hoping someone can come up with something as this will suck if it doenst work on the iphone...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't see how it still wouldn't work. After all your voicemail is still web based so to me wouldn't see whether its set up on iPhone or android and the web service should forward either. But obviously that's not the case. Weird. And I didn't get anything forwarded to me on my android phones so really not sure how I would have set it up on those. Guess it didn't matter because d I could open my email or messaging app then I could open the voice app. But of course that's not the case for everyone.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
You need to make sure conditional call forwarding is set up on your iPhone. Instructions vary based on carrier. Just google search for iPhone google voice set up conditional call forwarding. Instructions should pop up :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In google voice on the web in your settings tab voicemail and text the voicemail transcription should be checked. Not sure is this was already mentioned.

spoilingpets

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually use my verizon phone number not the google number for my phone and it would transcribe the voicemails on the Droid X with my Verizon number. I use the Google number for everything else. I miss this a lot. lol it is so easy to look at the voicemail and read it and be secretive in a meeting or wherever you are and know if the voicemail needs attending to immediately or if it can wait. Calling in to get the voice mail is interruptive.

Thank you

pauldroidr2d2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I'm personally extremely disappointed in how the Google Voice app performs on this phone. Most of the time, even when I use the google voice dialer, it will not place calls using my google voice. When I installed an app to sync my google contacts onto my phone, it screwed those up to by merging numbers with different names in my google contact list. Very frustrating to say the least. :(

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I'm personally extremely disappointed in how the Google Voice app performs on this phone. Most of the time, even when I use the google voice dialer, it will not place calls using my google voice. When I installed an app to sync my google contacts onto my phone, it screwed those up to by merging numbers with different names in my google contact list. Very frustrating to say the least. :(

Yeah some google apps aren't optimized for iOS and that's pretty obvious why. But you should be able to see your google contacts as they. I'm your address book you can choose which list you want to see ie google contacts, icloud, global address etc. Your numbers should show as they are on google.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4s and my google voice operates fine, I get the texts and email and can play the recording. I did not upgrade to IOS 6 because of no JB so maybe an issue with 6 but would think it should still work if your settings are right.

pauldroidr2d2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah some google apps aren't optimized for iOS and that's pretty obvious why. But you should be able to see your google contacts as they. I'm your address book you can choose which list you want to see ie google contacts, icloud, global address etc. Your numbers should show as they are on google.

How do I do that?

---------- Post Merged at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:10 AM ----------

I have a 4s and my google voice operates fine, I get the texts and email and can play the recording. I did not upgrade to IOS 6 because of no JB so maybe an issue with 6 but would think it should still work if your settings are right.

Care to elaborate on the settings? From everything that I can see, my calls should be going out via Google Voice but, that only happens sometimes.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I do that?

---------- Post Merged at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Care to elaborate on the settings? From everything that I can see, my calls should be going out via Google Voice but, that only happens sometimes.

I'm not exactly sure about the calls since I never used google voice to make calls. But in regards to your contacts problem when you're in the contacts app if you click on groups at the top you'll see the various sources where your contacts came from. By selecting your google ones you should see them as they are on google and not messed up. You can also do this from within google voice app. Uncheck those sources you don't want to see as they can result in several duplicates.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349155045.586751.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349155045.586751.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 10

pauldroidr2d2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure about the calls since I never used google voice to make calls. But in regards to your contacts problem when you're in the contacts app if you click on groups at the top you'll see the various sources where your contacts came from. By selecting your google ones you should see them as they are on google and not messed up.

Hmmm, strange. All I can see is Facebook and On My iPhone.

pauldroidr2d2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure about the calls since I never used google voice to make calls. But in regards to your contacts problem when you're in the contacts app if you click on groups at the top you'll see the various sources where your contacts came from. By selecting your google ones you should see them as they are on google and not messed up. You can also do this from within google voice app. Uncheck those sources you don't want to see as they can result in several duplicates.

How did you get your Gmail contacts listed in there?

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The app for ios download and the settings in the app are basic, account, password, select this phone. Then your settings in your google account are the regular set up utilizing your reg cell number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2