iPhone 5 Camera Purple Haze

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have not experienced this...have taken pictures indoor in artificial lighting and outside in natural light (both bright and low light settings). Very weird...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife actually just seen this on her 4s. We are on the beach and its night time and we both took pics. Mine came out as expected with no glare or anything. She had the purple haze. Weird. It was also reported that the difference between the 2 cameras isn't that much and barely noticeable.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
it just showed up on my daughters picture i took of her in the car this is nuts its not happening on inside pics only on pictures taken outside or in the car.. its present on every photo taken outside.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Legit issue clearly. Shame on Apple. Overly-easily scratched aluminum, crap camera purple haze, poor wi-fi performance with WPA2 networks, slow keyboard response on some apps (mostly non-iPhone 5 updated native apps), nicks and dings out of the box for some (not a majority situation), light leakage on the white iPhone, new lightning cables getting stuck in USB ports.....the list goes on.

slopson

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
got the same thing on a picture i took

W0DuX.jpg

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has been lagging- yes just like how old android devices did, except worse to the point where it won't even register when I repeatedly type a letter on the keyboard nothing happens, its like I'm not even touching it. That's the big one I've noticed so far at least, the iPhone 5 touchscreen is a lot less sensitive than my 4S screen. And u would think it would be better with In cell display. Kind of disappointed with this phone I hate to say it. The half baked features are getting to me and I love Apple usually, I was very excited to get this phone. The maps suck but we all know that. I got rid of a Galaxy S3 for this thank god I have 30 days to exchange it if need be I'm gonna try and work it out though because I do like other aspects of this phone a lot

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has been lagging- yes just like how old android devices did, except worse to the point where it won't even register when I repeatedly type a letter on the keyboard nothing happens, its like I'm not even touching it. That's the big one I've noticed so far at least, the iPhone 5 touchscreen is a lot less sensitive than my 4S screen. And u would think it would be better with In cell display. Kind of disappointed with this phone I hate to say it. The half baked features are getting to me and I love Apple usually, I was very excited to get this phone. The maps suck but we all know that. I got rid of a Galaxy S3 for this thank god I have 30 days to exchange it if need be I'm gonna try and work it out though because I do like other aspects of this phone a lot

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Great, except this isn't an iPhone 5 complaint thread. This is camera purple haze thread.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife actually just seen this on her 4s. We are on the beach and its night time and we both took pics. Mine came out as expected with no glare or anything. She had the purple haze. Weird. It was also reported that the difference between the 2 cameras isn't that much and barely noticeable.

Is this the first time your wife has had this on her 4s? Is this a iOS 6 problem? I've taken a ton of pics since the iOS 6 update on my 4s never seen anything like this. Reminds me of the HTC EVO 3D I had except that is was green haze. That was a widespread problem.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was able to replicate it taking it with the sun just out of frame...strange phenomena, my wife saw this and was thinking it might have something to do with the lens being used on the iPhone 5 (i think they said it was made of sapphire glass, which can have a purple hue to it). It also appears that this was something people with the 4S were reporting as an issue...so the lens may not be the culprit.

404066372.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't getting the haze with HDR off...i had to turn it on and then it started showing up if i positioned the camera in the sunlight properly. Honestly though, pointing it in a direction where someone would normally take a picture wasn't giving the same effect, so i think this may be an "issue" that exists but isn't something what would cause much of a real problem typically.

And FYI, my wife asked her equipment tech guy on set and he said this is our problem...

Purple fringing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 Users Report 'Purple Flare' Camera Defect | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I wasn't getting the haze with HDR off...i had to turn it on and then it started showing up if i positioned the camera in the sunlight properly. Honestly though, pointing it in a direction where someone would normally take a picture wasn't giving the same effect, so i think this may be an "issue" that exists but isn't something what would cause much of a real problem typically.

And FYI, my wife asked her equipment tech guy on set and he said this is our problem...

Purple fringing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great info

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not only an iPhone 5 issue it's called abberation many DSLRs have it. I will not believe until I see someone post a side by side shot from an i5 and an i4s showing different results. I'm talking about the exact same scene in the same position at the same time of day. This is the real way you can test if something has a problem.
Photography.com ? Aberration

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73