SquareTrade vs AppleCare+ vs Geek Squad vs Asurion

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I got my iPhone 5 and I am trying to decide what insurance to get. I really despise Asurion but I tossed it in to the mix to be fair. I don't k is much about square trade and I had geek squad on my ip4 Any suggestions or input would be a great help.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Geek Squad- Complete bunch of scammers.
Asurion- Complete bunch of scammers.
Squaretrade- GOOD!
Applecare+- No idea.

I have had ST on many products. Use it, and then when the new phone comes out you can cancel the plan and get refunded for the unused time. I just canceled my iPhone 4 plan to buy an iPhone 5 plan and was refunded $20.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I went with AC+, I have squaretrade on several things but I hav so many Apple store close to me, I thought it would be much easier and faster if I needed it.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always used Asurion (albeit that was with all Blackberrys and never an iPhone), and they have never done wrong by me. I always get my replacement device in a timely manner and their device comes with a year warranty for software/haedware defects. Never used AppleCare or any of the others, so I can't comment. I signed up for Asurion because I ordered through verizon online for pre-orders and that was the only insurance option available to me.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have heard the deductible on Asurion has jumped to $200, is that true??

I have used Asurion many times, but for this new iPhone, I went with apple care.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I started using SquareTrade before I owned my first Apple device. I stuck with them when I started using the iPhone because I'm two hours from the nearest Apple store. I've used them many times for repairs and replacements - they're wonderful. I've used them so often they gave me my own link so that I can offer you an extra $5 off your SquareTrade deal (& give me $5 for referring you). Help yourself:

Referrals Landing | SquareTrade

Tom Kowalski

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had Asurion for years. I have had exceptional results and turnaround. My only beef is cost, but they are comparable to all the others. I have used 4-5 times, I believe you get 2 claims a year. Literally have recieved replacement phone within 24 hrs of loss. They did send one time a refurbed Iphone for my wife. It had issues right away, so I called, verified and they sent new one out overnight!.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How far are you from an Apple store? I have 3 within a 10-15 minute drive so AppleCare+ made the most sense for me. I have not tried Asurion because I didn't have VZW and I haven't used Square Trade (though I have heard good things) but I did have Geek Squad on the first laptop I purchased for myself back in 05 and my personal experience it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Nothing but hassle, I dropped it off it was supposed to be repaired in a week, called that day they said it wasn't done and I would get a call when it was. I called back another week later to be told they sent my computer directly to hp without my knowledge or consent and that I would have to deal with them. When I received it back another 2-3 weeks later there was a massive scratch on the top and one of the keys was broken. I have no way of knowing who did it but I also know that it crashed while I was on the phone complaining about the physical damage within 10 minutes of having it so HP sent me a new computer and when that computer started having problems GS refused to work on it despite me having another year left on their service. Sorry for the long story but I just don't recommend their services to anyone even though it could be improved or different for phones. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Asurion is the best. I had a iPhone 16gb. That I lost. They send me a Refurbished that I Denied and they told me that they had no more 16gb. So they offer me a white 16gb. And I said I want a black. So they send a 32gb. But when it came in the mail. It was a black 64gb and brand new. Cannot Complain.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Geek Squad- Complete bunch of scammers.
Asurion- Complete bunch of scammers.
Squaretrade- GOOD!
Applecare+- No idea.

I have had ST on many products. Use it, and then when the new phone comes out you can cancel the plan and get refunded for the unused time. I just canceled my iPhone 4 plan to buy an iPhone 5 plan and was refunded $20.

I hope that's really not the case. I'm actually starting a new job there in about 2 weeks! And their starting pay is great, so I imagine you just might have had a particularly bad experience. I guess I'll find out soon enough though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW