Anyone with applecare+? Should I?

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
So I called again to verify, you have the option of transferring your AppleCare + to whom you sell it to, or you can get a check in 2-3 weeks for the unused pro rated amount. This is done via the agreement administration department that can be reached through the AppleCare 800 #.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is a simple economic answer. Risk vs Return. I strongly recommend it if you are not very careful with the hardware and with accidental damage now covered it really helps. The only problem is it is $100 which is steep compared to the price of upgrade which most people have paid.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For myself AC+ is definitely worth it. Everyone needs to do what works best for themselves, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For myself AC+ is definitely worth it. Insurance isn't for everyone, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I thought Applecare was an essential buy this time. Partly because I probably will keep it longer than a year this time and getting an extra year of warranty is worthwhile. I don't see the next iphone being a compelling upgrade from this and the early upgrade pricing is over with me being at Verizon. This is a killer phone. Thin, light, fast as hell, 1gb ram, 64gb, LTE, nice camera, etc. The next big holdout feature for me would be higher res again.

In the event I don't keep it over a year, like the one poster said, get a refund on part of it or just use it to boost the sales value.

I also considered squaretrade since the 64gb version has more value in that plan. A bit more hassle but covers more incidents (of it being my fault). But the fact i've never had an incident before makes me inclined to think i'm covered enough with the two Apple offers.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you travel, AC+ is great - any Apple store, anywhere, can do the replacement if you need to make a claim anywhere in the world. Along with points alreay made above, that's what sold me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I may not get a plan is because i will have 4 upgrades available in feb. so I'll most likely get the next iPhone just because I have the upgrades and can actually make some money and I usually don't carry coverage anyhow. I'll see though over the next week. I'm also thinking about upgrading to 64gb too so that will influence the decision as well.

Random987

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the big question is how much a refurbish/replacement iphone 5 is going to cost now. If it is still 199 then apple care is probably not a great deal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got it when I bought my iPhone 5 yesterday. It's worth the $99 to me. I don't have a history of breaking phones.
So if I get two physical damage covers for $49 each within two years, it's worth the safety net for me.

same here. I used Apple Care to replace my iPhone 4 in February (just shy of two years since I got it launch day) when the power button started acting flaky. That held me over until I got the 5 so I didn't have to spend $200 on a replacement phone when I was going to be upgrading in a couple of months anyway. Adding AC+ with the 2 replacements for accidental damage seems like a good deal too.... got AC+ on both our iPhone 5.

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:02 AM ----------

If you travel, AC+ is great - any Apple store, anywhere, can do the replacement if you need to make a claim anywhere in the world. Along with points alreay made above, that's what sold me.

In my post above, I talk about replacing the iPhone 4 when the power button went flaky. We live near DC and were in FL when this happened, got it replaced while at dinner, restored from iCloud, back in business.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the big question is how much a refurbish/replacement iphone 5 is going to cost now. If it is still 199 then apple care is probably not a great deal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This assumes a person can get one at the discounted price. If a person damages their phone beyond use and doesn't have any coverage then they would have to pay full retail for one pr look on the open market. So there's additional things to consider because everyone won't be able to get discounted pricing.

Random987

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
True, but I wonder how many people have "catastrophic" damage (where the 229 may not be available). I bet most claims are less than catastrophic damage. In any event, it seems you have to be very risk adverse to get the warranty

(Now, I bet I will have catastrophic damage after taking such a line!)

This assumes a person can get one at the discounted price. If a person damages their phone beyond use and doesn't have any coverage then they would have to pay full retail for one pr look on the open market. So there's additional things to consider because everyone won't be able to get discounted pricing.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks. As my economics professor once said don't insure anything you can afford to buy easily. I can spend $99/yr + $49 deductible to insure something I can get for $229. Doesn't really make sense.

It's not $99/year. And the $49 is only for accidental. $0 if it is warranty after the first year.

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If you have an apple store nearby then it is definitely worth it to get it. You can go in and walk out with a new iPhone. Used to you could have your iPhone 4 replaced for free as long as you were honest and didnt bring your phone in dripping wet with water. They were very cool (at least at the store I frequent in Houston).

Now with the replacement system being tied up with Apple Care + with the phones I think you have to pay something to have your phone switched out ($50).

---------- Post Merged at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 PM ----------

If you have an apple store nearby then it is definitely worth it to get it. You can go in and walk out with a new iPhone. Used to you could have your iPhone 4 replaced for free as long as you were honest and didnt bring your phone in dripping wet with water. They were very cool (at least at the store I frequent in Houston).

Now with the replacement system being tied up with Apple Care + with the phones I think you have to pay something to have your phone switched out ($50).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro