64GB easier to get?

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing about the waits for the i5. I am not eligible to upgrade until October 9, 2012 (VZW), and as everyone knows, no one will talk to you about purchasing a phone at promotional pricing until the very day you're eligible to upgrade (would love to "reserve" a phone now for Oct. 5, but I don't believe this is possible.)

Anyway, I have 30GB of music on my iPod which I intend to put on my i5 when am finally allowed to purchase it. My question is: is it easier to score a 64GB iPhone5 than trying to get a 16GB? Either via online ordering or reserving via Apple after 10:00 p.m.? Or do they just make less of the 64GB, anyway, since they're less popular?

Thank you for responding.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
In my experience the 64gb is less popular thus there is more stock. I was the only person out of 20 at my local Verizon store to buy a 64, everyone else went for 16 and settled for 32 once the 16 were sold out. Can't go wrong having more storage available.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing about the waits for the i5. I am not eligible to upgrade until October 9, 2012 (VZW), and as everyone knows, no one will talk to you about purchasing a phone at promotional pricing until the very day you're eligible to upgrade (would love to "reserve" a phone now for Oct. 5, but I don't believe this is possible.)

Anyway, I have 30GB of music on my iPod which I intend to put on my i5 when am finally allowed to purchase it. My question is: is it easier to score a 64GB iPhone5 than trying to get a 16GB? Either via online ordering or reserving via Apple after 10:00 p.m.? Or do they just make less of the 64GB, anyway, since they're less popular?

Thank you for responding.

It's going to be "hit and miss" most places... but often the larger capacity devices are available when the others aren't simply because of the price. The 64GB is $200 more than the 16GB model, so in most cases, the 16GB devices will sell out first... unless you really need 64GB...

And the higher storage capacity models also tend to command a higher price at resale time, too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's about the same honestly. They order a bulk of 16GB iPhone's to fill the orders because that is obviously the most popular storage capacity...and on the flip side of that, the 64GB is the least popular and thus won't have as many on hand because not as many people demand them. Im betting the balance of availability is pretty even honestly (with the exception of the 16GB on opening day, which obviously was gone).

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Around here most places have 16GB in stock. The AT&T corporate store I was at on launch day didn't even sell out of them as of Saturday. I was able to find another AT&T corporate store that had 64GB on Saturday and Sunday but were sold out by Monday. And no one has 32GB.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The first ones to sell out were the 64gb because they don't make as many of them. Supply is low, demand is higher than they expected.

At the Apple store on launch morning, they were out of the 64 gb first.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I always get the 16gb because I do everything in the cloud and hardly use my local storage other than for apps and even then I don't keep any apps I haven't used in a couple months so it forces me to keep everything organized which I like.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I was 6th in line when my local Apple store opened on launch day- and by far the biggest stack of cards was for the 64 GB Black ATT model. Not that it means anything- but they had a-lot of them on launch day.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I was at an Apple Store yesterday and the 16gb sold out first... 32 and 64gb were available the whole time I was there (not sure about the color choices though...)

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Bottom Line is 64GB is the Least Bought because it costs 399$. They should have them available in most stores. I'm at 4GB left on my 64GB.. it's Fully Loaded... Great to have the Room

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I usually go with 32 when available. But as stated, does feel good knowing you have space available.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's got less demand but also less supply. But yes, in general it's easier to find a 64GB. A white 64GB will likely be the easiest iPhone to find.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
In greenville all the phone companies are sold out of everything. the apple store on the other hand has 64gb available for sprint and At&t, but only white is avalible for At&t