iPhone 5 earpiece speaker vibrating and poor audio quality

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the earpiece on their iPhone 5 causes a vibration noise when the other person is talking. I have to turn the volume down to stop it vibrating,this is on a normal phone conversation and not on speakerphone. It is really annoying me and not what I was expecting.

Also Bluetooth is very patchy when connecting two devices at the same time. I have a Parrot car kit and and Tunelink bluetooth to Aux In system and it all worked perfectly with my 4S. With the 5, the voice quality whilst connected to both is awful and unusable. Soon as I disconnect the Tunelink its fine again.

Not happy with the iPhone 5 so far!

Chris

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My headset has been nothing but perfect...you may have a defective headset, take it to the Apple store and have them replace it.

I also use bluetooth in my truck for radio and phone controls...audio from both has been pristine.

It's a shame you're having issues, but being unhappy with your iPhone 5 because the accessories you're using arn't working well? Hmmmm...

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The earpiece on the phone is not an accessory is it. Neither is Bleutooth, that is part of the phone too, the 4S worked perfectly but not the 5.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the earpiece on their iPhone 5 causes a vibration noise when the other person is talking. I have to turn the volume down to stop it vibrating,this is on a normal phone conversation and not on speakerphone. It is really annoying me and not what I was expecting.

Also Bluetooth is very patchy when connecting two devices at the same time. I have a Parrot car kit and and Tunelink bluetooth to Aux In system and it all worked perfectly with my 4S. With the 5, the voice quality whilst connected to both is awful and unusable. Soon as I disconnect the Tunelink its fine again.

Not happy with the iPhone 5 so far!

Chris

It may not be the phone it may be a bug in iOS 6...just a thought

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My fault, i thought you were referring to the included headset...

At any rate, if these issues are happening to you, you may have a faulty iPhone and your first move, before writing it off as the entire line of iPhone's being at fault, is to replace it and see if you're still having those problems. I'm not having any of the issues you describe with yours and have used it without issue in both cases you described.

arsenalbates

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, i stated a thread about this issue on another forum however it comes down to the fact that the network you are on is three. Someone posted on my other thread that they swapped the sim card to o2 and the noise stopped. Seems to be an issue with three and the iphone 5 ! :(

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:01 PM ----------

in fact it was you thughe13 :) i see you have posted here too.

arsenalbates

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Just to update everyone with this problem. I have now a iphone 5 that does not rattle. It was caused by the network three !.

Could still be hardware issue with apple however i have had 4 phones all make the vibration sound and now this 02 one doesnt.

So if you are getting a vibration sound when talking to certian people then it is 3 and not the iphone

Michelle Reeves

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Just bought mine last week. I'm taking it back. SO weird. It's like radiation waves or vibration waves against my head. So bizarre! My iphone 4 was great...so i'm hoping this is a fluke.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW